Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 02-28-2013, 11:01 PM

Default Could the strike manual be any more vague?

Would it have killed digidesign to give us some step by step instruction, or done a youtube video or two to go over the BASIC functions of Strike.

Honestly, I have an IQ of 135, speak four languages, script Java as a hobby, but learning even the most basic Strike functions involves hours of trial and error, and by the time I figure it out I am so frustrated I don't even feel like recording anymore.

I'm sure there is some sort of rhyme and reason to it, but for example, there is one paragraph on making a custom user kit in the manual, when it could EASILY be a whole chapter. Then there is the whole exporting strike to individual Pro Tools channels fiasco...
Old 03-01-2013, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Could the strike manual be any more vague?

I can't answer the question ... but try this.

Google 'Air Users Blog Strike' for more results.

I've also found there is a forum for 'Virtual Instruments' where you might get more response.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:55 PM

thank you! helpful video
Old 03-02-2013, 12:07 AM

I remember when I got Strike years ago hating it with a passion for the same reason, bought Addictive Drums and never looked back. Infinitely better. I just did a full upgrade and have Strike sitting next to me with all my software and I won't even install it.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocker4301 View Post
I remember when I got Strike years ago hating it with a passion for the same reason, bought Addictive Drums and never looked back. Infinitely better. I just did a full upgrade and have Strike sitting next to me with all my software and I won't even install it.
I've got no issues with Addictive Drummer ... but in my opinion, you are missing out on a lot.

And that is the compositional features of Strike. AD is a playback instrument. Strike lets you create your own patterns, save them and integrate them into your own custom styles.

Instead of dragging midi loops and compiling them, I'm using midi notes to trigger the entire drum track ... which I then can export to Pro Tools as a midi file to trigger Strike, AD, Superior, BFD or any other drum VSTi I'd choose.

But if what you are doing works for you, it ain't broke, so you don't need to fix it.