Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2015, 11:03 AM

Default Saving as

I have some drum tracks I'm working on in the Scarlett 6i6 and when complete where and how do I save them to import into Pro Tools and where in PTools do I save them as,new session or what? TY? Also, if I wanted to throw another mic into the 11 rack will the presets that I have for guitar affect the sound or vocals/ Is there a way to run that 1 mic dry thru the 11 Rack? TY Thanks
Old 08-07-2015, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Saving as

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable904 View Post
I have some drum tracks I'm working on in the Scarlett 6i6 and when complete where and how do I save them to import into Pro Tools and where in PTools do I save them as,new session or what? TY? Also, if I wanted to throw another mic into the 11 rack will the presets that I have for guitar affect the sound or vocals/ Is there a way to run that 1 mic dry thru the 11 Rack? TY Thanks

This post is somewhat confusing...Why do you need to 'import' your files into pro tools after you tracked drums? They should've been recorded with Pro Tools.

I hope you're recording your audio to a drive that isn't your system drive, otherwise you're opening yourself up to all kinds of trouble. I think you'd benefit from some of the great video's on you tube to make sure you're on the right track.

We all enjoy being helpful, but remember that you need to do some of the leg work yourself. If you come here too often asking questions that are mildly confusing, people are just going to stop helping. I don't mean this in a negative way at all. We've all been where you are, but, it's important that you take your time to learn and not just rush in.
MBP 15" High Sierra 10.13.3, i7 2.6Ghz, 8Gb DDR, 750Gb 7200rpm, PT 2019.5, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Octopre MkII, Glyph GPT50, Avalon 737sp, AMS Neve 1073's, API 512c, CAPI 312's, DW drums, Fender Guitars/Amps, AKG, Rode, Sennheiser, Neumann U87 & KM184's, Coles 4038, Equator D5 monitors
Old 08-07-2015, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Saving as

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_daw View Post
This post is somewhat confusing...Why do you need to 'import' your files into pro tools after you tracked drums? They should've been recorded with Pro Tools.

I hope you're recording your audio to a drive that isn't your system drive, otherwise you're opening yourself up to all kinds of trouble. I think you'd benefit from some of the great video's on you tube to make sure you're on the right track.

We all enjoy being helpful, but remember that you need to do some of the leg work yourself. If you come here too often asking questions that are mildly confusing, people are just going to stop helping. I don't mean this in a negative way at all. We've all been where you are, but, it's important that you take your time to learn and not just rush in.
Yes I will go about more info as I find it. Thank you