Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 05-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Avid

Default Re: EQ Expanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor B. View Post
For sure. But the first EQ might not be the one you want to use for mixing. A dialog edit/mix processing order might be notch eq, denoiser, deesser, mix eq.
Please dont get into how one EQ could be used for everything, bottom line is: S6 needs preferences for which plugin, which slot, maps in which way to the console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is crystal clear. Thanks for the response. We are aware that S6 needs the following:

(A) Cycling through multiple EQ & Multiple Dynamic plug-ins on the same track. It is very often that mixers will use multiple filters or dynamic tools to solve problems for a given audio element. S6 needs to be able to efficiently target the particular Avid or 3rd party EQ (or DYN) that is accessed both from the knob modules (in magenta mode) or from the Master Touch Module.

(B) Favorite EQ & DYN (located in Pro Tools preferences under Mixing) need to be able to be added at a specific location in the Insert signal chain as chosen by the operator. The current implementation is quite limited, and inflexible. Ultimately, instantiation of any Insert plug-in (including Favorites) should be possible on any tracks, at any Insert location 1-10 with slots labeled Inserts A-J.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 05-18-2017, 10:14 AM

+1 000 000
Old 02-08-2018, 04:24 PM

I've posted this in the Artist Mix forum but I wanted to ask here since this discussion is relevant.

From what I understand, if you have two different EQs on a channel and want to switch between controlling one or the other, pressing the EQ switch on the Artist Mix should cycle through the two eqs. Same goes for multiple dynamics plugins.

From the What's new in PT 2018 doc:

"You can specify the starting slot for EQ/Dyn cycling. This lets you optimize EQ and Dyn cycling (via repeated pressing of the EQ or Dyn switches) to start from either a specific slot, or from the most recently cycled slot."

I can't seem to get this working. I've changed the cycling settings in Preferences > Mixing > Controllers to no avail.

I have the latest version of EuControl (3.7.0) and all of my surfaces (Mix & Transport) have the latest firmware.

Does anyone else have this problem or is able to get it to work?

PT 20.3.0
S1 x2
Artist Transport
Avid Control
iPad 7th Gen
HD Native
Hackintosh i9 3.6 GHz Six Core
MTRX Studio
OSX 13.6.4
Old 02-08-2018, 04:26 PM
Avid

This is currently only for S6 (but coming to EuControl soon)
Old 02-08-2018, 06:31 PM

Default EQ Expanding

Ok. That’s not clearly stated in either the What’s New PDF or the reference manual: it says Eucon Surface which I assumed included the Artist series. When VCA spill was introduced originally Avid specified only the S6.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PT 20.3.0
S1 x2
Artist Transport
Avid Control
iPad 7th Gen
HD Native
Hackintosh i9 3.6 GHz Six Core
MTRX Studio
OSX 13.6.4
Old 02-09-2018, 08:48 PM