Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2011, 12:51 PM

Default controller personality "EUCON" incompatible

This is my first post to DUC. Can anyone help me with this Windows PT problem? "The installed version of the controller personality "EUCON" is incompatible with this version of Pro Tools."

I had PT8 which I upgraged to PT9 and then updated to PT9.0.1. I installed Euphonix PC version as soon as it was available for my Artist Series MC Mix. Everything was working fine.

Then I found out that PT9.0.1 update removed my Xpand2 contents, so I uninstalled PT and installed PT9.0.1 full version. Then I got this error: "The installed version of the controller personality "EUCON" is incompatible with this version of Pro Tools."

I am somewhat frustrated with PT and Avid. I have spent a long time waiting for the next update to fix my ever changing issues.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:05 PM

Default Re: controller personality "EUCON" incompatible

I think PT9.0 actually removed the Xpand2 and creative collection contents.
I also tried to remove and re-install euphonix win7 64 bit software and drivers with not luck.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:48 PM

I had a similar problem where I was getting this message: "Error loading personality Eucon." I had did everything from uninstalling to re-installing Pro Tools 9.01 and Eucon drivers for windows 7 x64. Louis from Avid who was helping me try to trouble shoot this issue said to try and install a fresh OS on another partition or hard drive. After I installed Windows 7 (fresh install), I installed Pro Tools 9.01 and then Eucon drivers. It worked for me. I know this solution is a bummer to have to do in order to get something working but that is why I am moving to a MAC PRO!!! I hope this helps!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:38 PM

Uh!
There must be an easier solution. Where are the personality files located? Somewhere in Controllers folder, where is that in Windows 7 64bit?

I think something like replacing the Eucon personality file (If there is such a file) or maybe editing win registry should help?

How can I get support from Avid nowdays, it looks like I need somekind of Avid support ID which I dont have.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:44 AM

I got it working. Unfortunately dont know exactly what was it that helped.
I uninstalled Eucon drivers. I installed PT9.0.1 update on top of PT9.0.1 full installation (I thought maybe there are different files inside full and update versions). Then I installed Eucon drivers again. I powered up MC MIX, then PT. I did not open any session. I went to pheripherals Ethernet controllers tab and checked the Ethernet checkbox. Then I enabled EUCON on the same tab. Then I went back to the pheripherals Ethernet controllers tab and unchecked the Ethernet checkbox.

It was so easy . Sorry for posting this problem. Maybe someone finds help in this, but I really hope Avid could make the software more stable and easy to configure and easy to use.

Oh yes... ...I got the same error when Euphonix driver was uninstalled: "EUCON" is incompatible with this version of Pro Tools." So I think it is a PT issue and not Euphonix Artist Series win64 drivers.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Avid

Two things may have happened - the EuCon controller profile may have been corrupted and the reinstall would have taken care of that.

Secondly having both Ethernet and EuCon checked may have caused a problem - I'll see if I can reproduce it here.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pz5 View Post
Oh yes... ...I got the same error when Euphonix driver was uninstalled: "EUCON" is incompatible with this version of Pro Tools." So I think it is a PT issue and not Euphonix Artist Series win64 drivers.
I got the "personality" error when trying to install the RTAS version of a plug-in. Didn't work out and I got the error message described in your post.

Tried the MC MIX by opening Cubase 6 which also is EuCon-compatible and the controller worked like a charm.

So I uninstalled the plug-in I had installed, opened Pro Tools HD 9, and everything was fine again.

Cheers
Fred

PT HD 9.03 + HD Core card, Nuendo 5, Cubase 6, Wavelab 7, Samplitude 11, W7 64bit, ASUS P5B, Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz, 4Gb DDR RAM, UAD-2 QUAD (all plug-ins), RME RayDAT, Lavry DA-10, Mytek Stereo192 ADC, 2xApogee DA16X and Rosetta 800, Quested V3110 three-way speakers, Avantone MixCubes, Euphonix MC MIX, Novation Remote SL61 and Zero SL MkII, lots of funky outboard and analogue synths.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjafreddan View Post
I got the "personality" error when trying to install the RTAS version of a plug-in. Didn't work out and I got the error message described in your post.

Tried the MC MIX by opening Cubase 6 which also is EuCon-compatible and the controller worked like a charm.

So I uninstalled the plug-in I had installed, opened Pro Tools HD 9, and everything was fine again.

Cheers
Fred
Which plug-in was this?
Old 06-04-2013, 11:39 AM

I am having the same problem with the MC pro eucon 2.7

Nothing is working in the mac, but everything is fine on the pc, of course

PTHD3
MAC OS 10.6.8

EDIT:

A complete reinstall of both protools and eucon fixed the issue

Last edited by klaukholm; 06-04-2013 at 11:52 AM.