Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2009, 04:00 PM

Default PT8 Download

Man, I must be losing my mind today. Just bought the downloadable update, have activated it and downloaded the auth to my iLok, but in following the instructions it says to click the download link...where in the world is THIS?? I've looked at the regular downloads under support, and nothing exists. Under PT8 Mac OSX I get everything but a version 8 installer...
  • DigiTranslator
  • MachineControl
  • MP3 Option
This is not what I'm looking for, clearly. In my account, it says:

Grand Total: Pending
$262.45

I've already received an email saying it is registered now too, so what and why is it pending? Also, what is this tax that's been charged? I'm in Canada, is it GST? It just says tax...

Someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Sig
Old 01-01-2009, 04:03 PM

Default Re: PT8 Download

I should mention, I've followed this too:

1. Go to "your account".
  2. Log in to your account with your original email address and password. (If you've forgotten your password, click "Forgot Your Password?" to have your password emailed to you. You should receive the email within 30 seconds; if you do not, please check your spam filter.)
  3. On the resulting page under "Your Order History", click the "View Order Details/Tracking Number" link to the right of the order in question to view your order details along with your software downloads and/or authorization codes/serial numbers (for shippable products, a tracking ID will also appear) - please be sure to disable any pop-up blockers you may have to view this information. Software sold as downloads only and all software licenses are not returnable. If you experience any problems or are not able to properly download your software, please review the download tips below. For technical assistance, please use this webform.
When I click on "View Order Details/Tracking Number", NOTHING happens...

Thanks,
Sig
Old 01-01-2009, 04:06 PM

Ok, finally got that link to work, and I read this, BUT:

Thank you for your purchase!
Our product activation and download process has changed. Please read these instructions carefully!

To activate, register, and download your new software just follow these steps:

1. If you don't have an iLok.com account (it's free), visit www.ilok.com to sign up for an account first.

2. Visit the Digidesign Product Activation site at www.digidesign.com/activation.

3. Enter the activation code (on your receipt underneath the product name) and click Continue. (If your code isn't accepted, try again — note that 8 and B, 5 and S, and 0 and O look similar.) If you're not logged in to your Digidesign (My Digi) account, you'll be asked to log in. If you don't have an account, click "Create profile."

4. Enter your iLok.com ID (the name you created for your iLok.com account), fill out the software registration form, and click Continue to deposit a license into your iLok.com account.

5. Click the "download page" link and then download your software and other supporting documents.

6. Visit www.ilok.com, log in to your iLok.com account, and follow the instructions to transfer the license from your account to your iLok USB Smart Key.

Now simply install your new software and you're ready to go! Digidesign will send you a follow-up email with all of your registration details. If you need to retrieve your downloads in the future, simply log in to My Digi.

Further support information and assistance can be found here.

I still can't find a DOWNLOADS link...and I can't go back and activate again, because it's already activated. I feel like I'm running around in circles here...

Thanks,
Sig
Old 01-01-2009, 04:22 PM

Ack!! Been getting confused with the My Digi account and the store account. Found it now.

Thanks!
Sig