Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2006, 08:11 AM

Default Setting up a studio from scratch

I work at a video Post House. They are adding an audio suite. They are asking my advice on how to set it up since I have the most experience with audio prod (old job was prod director at a radio station using Pro Tools), and I will be the one who is using the new suite. However, I'm not really sure where to start. I didn't set up the studio at the old job. Here's where you come in. What would be a good working set up for an audio suite that will be recording a lot of voice over for TV shows (syncing with timecode would be nice). Also, will be some audio imaging for promo's, and sweetening field recorded audio. The editors here are all working on G5's with Mac os 10.4.6 with Final Cut Pro 5.0.4. True HD, HDV, and SD are all used. 5.1 Surround is definitely in the immediate future. I am working with a blank slate, there is an empty audio booth waiting to be set up, so any input would be a great help. Thanks in advance for your advice.