Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 01-19-2015, 08:25 AM

Default Error 1308 installing Air Creative Collection

I am new to Pro Tools and have spent hours installing version 11.3. I finally have everything running, however I cannot install Air Creative Collection. I get a 1308 error and the installation program cannot find desktop.ini file. I have attempted to install on both my desktop and laptop with the same result.

I am extremely disappointed after spending this kind of money on a "Professional" product that I cannot pick up the phone and get help without paying. I'm hoping that someone has found a solution.

George in Michigan
Old 01-19-2015, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Error 1308 installing Air Creative Collection

George,

I'm a Mac guy but here is some info on 1308 errors:

"Causes:
This error message indicates that a file cannot be found on the installation media or in the deployment location. You should refer to the applicable solution below to resolve this issue.

Solution:
For standalone installations perform the following test:
Create a folder on the local hard drive.
Copy the contents of the software installation disk to this location.

Note: If you are installing a product that has multiple installation disks, copy all the disks into the same folder. You may be prompted to overwrite files during this process. Click Yes To All to merge the disks into a single installation folder.

If you receive an error when copying the files, either the installation disk is dirty/damaged or the disk drive in your computer is unable to read the disk. You should repeat the test on a second computer:

If the disk copy fails on a second computer, you'll need to request replacement product media."

So it may be a corrupt download. Did you try to download the installer again?
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:54 AM

I have downloaded the Air Creative Collection again (No disks were provided) and attempted to install the Creative Collection again with the same results. The installation program is now looking for a file called Boom_PI.cab and it is located in the downloaded file that was sent as a .zip. The error message basically says it cannot find the file and I can open it in the location that it specifies in the error message. It does not appear to be a way of directing the installation program to the file (Even though it looks like it is attempting to open it in the right location).

Thanks for you help, much appreciated.

George
Old 01-19-2015, 01:57 PM

Just to make sure, you are downloading:
AIR Creative Collection 11.1 Installer for PT 11.1+ (Mac) (2.3 GB)

I assume you are on a Mac.

So PT11.3 works fine without the Creative Collection. And you are running 10.10.1 OS?

If you have tried the installation on two different computers, I suspect the installer.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:21 PM

Finally got Air installed, I had to go through and make sure all files were completely unzipped, evidently there were a couple that were not unzipped.