Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2008, 02:38 PM

Default structure, does the full version work any better?

The free version of structure has a really annoying interface. Do the Le and full versions require that you drag and drop each pre-set to get it to play? So no tabing through banks to find a sound? Please tell me I'm wrong and the free one is just really bad so that people will buy the full version.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:06 PM

Default Re: structure, does the full version work any better?

The real problem with Structure Free is that the documentation/installation instructions are incorrect. (for the down-loadable version, at least)

After installing the plugin itself, I had to follow this procedure for the downloaded patches to get them to appear on the quick browse menu:
  • Create a subfolder called "Structure Factory Libraries" in C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Structure
  • Create a subfolder called "Structure Free" in C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Structure\Structure Factory Libraries
  • Copy or move all of the downloaded patches into C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Structure\Structure Factory Libraries\Structure Free
  • open protools and load or create a session with Structure Free instantiated
  • In the Structure Free browser, browse to C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Structure\Structure Factory Libraries\Structure Free
  • Click on the "Add folder to favorites" button on the browser window, and save the favorite with the name of your choice (since it gets the default hame from the name of the folder, I just chose the default)
The downloaded patches should now be available from the Quick Browse menu on each patch module.

Quote:
Do the Le and full versions require that you drag and drop each pre-set to get it to play?
No, and neither does the free version. See above.
Quote:
So no tabing through banks to find a sound?
Could you give an example of another software sampler that does that? I'm not aware of any. Softsynths? Sure, but most samplers require you to actually load the sample and don't have the ability to "tab through" the sounds like a softsynth would.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 01-18-2008, 12:16 PM

(1) I didn't have any trouble with the installation (I'm on a mac.. these things tend to work better) The patches show up.. I just have to drag and drop them to get them to play.

(2) Reason's NN-XT sampler will alow you to quickly audition each patches. (yes, it does have to load, but you don't have to drag and drop. so it's easy and fast.

(3) I think I've wasted too much of my time on this sampler already.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:47 PM

I had the same issues - I think it is a combo of structure beta/demo/free plist problems and also once you have installed the plug-in the installer window for the samples takes awhile to pop up. If you quit installer inbetween you never get the option of
the second window.

Just copying the samples to the hard drive is not going to work. When the samples get installed they are formed into patches that
structure can see and the correct folder hierarchies are generated.

My solution was to trash everything structure related and start from scratch, which did work - just wait for the factory sample content window to come up! In hindsight it is most likely possible to not trash anything.
Instead go to the first page of the plug-in installer, but do not install, press "go back" and close the window. THEN the other installer window comes up to just install the samples.

The guide PDF is not very clear on the installation procedure, which confused me as I was trouble shooting and trying others suggestions from the DUC.

Lemme know if this is working ok.....
24GB RAM
UAD Satellite Quad
UAD Apollo Twin
Old 03-18-2008, 03:47 PM

I had the same issues - I think it is a combo of structure beta/demo/free plist problems and also once you have installed the plug-in the installer window for the samples takes awhile to pop up. If you quit installer inbetween you never get the option of
the second window.

Just copying the samples to the hard drive is not going to work. When the samples get installed they are formed into patches that
structure can see and the correct folder hierarchies are generated.

My solution was to trash everything structure related and start from scratch, which did work - just wait for the factory sample content window to come up! In hindsight it is most likely possible to not trash anything.
Instead go to the first page of the plug-in installer, but do not install, press "go back" and close the window. THEN the other installer window comes up to just install the samples.

The guide PDF is not very clear on the installation procedure, which confused me as I was trouble shooting and trying others suggestions from the DUC.

Lemme know if this is working ok.....
24GB RAM
UAD Satellite Quad
UAD Apollo Twin
Old 04-17-2008, 08:37 AM

I gave up. The product didn't appear to be worth the trouble