Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 06-27-2009, 06:14 PM

Default Difficulty finding compatibility information - MBO, chipset

Am I doing this right:

1. In this sticky thread: General Troubleshooting: Pro Tools M-Powered Systems on Windows (XP & Vista), I find this section:

Compatibility:

- Verify your computer is supported and that your system meets all of the minimum requirements. You can find compatibility information (processors, chipsets, hard drives, operating systems, requirements, etc.) in the Support section of the website:
http://www.digidesign.com/support

Choose from the product list for compatibility information, and click on the links in the compatibility section for each product for additional information.

2. If I follow that link, use M-Powered as an example, and select M-Powered 8.0 Win XP as my choice, I am presented with generic page of compatibility information.

3. If I follow the General Compatibility Info link at the top of the page, I am presented with another page of information. (sigh)

4. If I follow this link (Windows Desktops — Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0 Systems) I am presented with yet another page of information, where I finally find this:

Processor Compatibility

Intel Desktop Processors

The following Intel processors are compatible, but have not been fully qualified with Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0 for Windows. Computers with these processors may be able to provide full track count performance, however, they cannot be guaranteed to do so. Your performance and track count may vary depending on the processor count and speed.
  • Intel Core 2 Duo & Extreme processors
  • Intel Pentium D processors
  • Intel Pentium 4 processors
  • Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processors
  • Intel Core 2 Quad processors
Now, after all this mining for information, I see NO mention of motherboards or chipsets anywhere on these pages. Given this fact, I would then assume that as long as I met all the preceding requirements for OS, RAM, interface, etc, that I should have a supported system.

If this valuable information is hidden somewhere else please tell me where, because I see and hear so much discussion over motherboards and chipsets, yet cannot find such information spelled out for me for M-Powered on XP/Vista
Old 06-27-2009, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Difficulty finding compatibility information - MBO, chipset

This thread: http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=200560

See who has the highest Dverb results, see what MOBO they're using.

Digi hasn't endorsed any MOBOs since the P5k series years and years ago