Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2010, 07:11 AM

Default Midi won't record after duplicating track

I duplicated an instrument track in PT 8 that has Reason subtractor, then made the original track inactive. Now when I try to record midi notes (w/ and w/o midi merge selected) on the track Im experimenting on it doesnt record anything new. All midi routing is the exact same as the already-recorded-on track. Double checked to make sure I record-enabled the transport. I de-selected mirrored midi editing in case the original track was conflicting but it didn't help.. have I changed a preference by accident?
Old 01-14-2010, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Midi won't record after duplicating track

I've had this happen. A ProTools restart fixed it for me.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:13 AM

I tried that.. didnt help anything. It's weird, during my record attempt it appears to wipe out the existing midi notes and visibly they aren't there- then when I playback it still plays the old notes even though they are not there! What is going on... I think I'm missing something obvious. Or was there a bug that was fixed in 8.0.1- 8.0.3...?? Anyone? Theres a couple of reasons why I havent updated to 8.0.3 yet, but anyways. This is nutty
Old 01-16-2010, 01:11 AM

bump..

Anybody else had this happen or know what I could do to solve it?