Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 01-16-2012, 06:40 AM

Exclamation BUG: All Clips in Edit Window Disappear!

Yesterday, after working on a 20 minute audio to picture mix for several weeks without issue (except for the randomly disappearing outputs issue, which has been well documented) I was nudging a single sound effect into sync and suddenly ALL the clips on my timeline vanished. Gone. POOF! Well, except for the single clip I was nudging; it was still there.

I assumed this was a redraw error of some sort, but no audio would play and no meters would move if I moved into the empty region and pressed play. Well, needless to say, this scared the heck out of me, so I saved as a new name and closed out and reopened the session.

Well, the worst happened. When I reopened the "corrupted" session, it was in fact still empty, which REALLY scared the heck out of me. Thankfully I had saved with a new name, so I reopened the earlier version and redid my work.

Unfortunately, it now seems this session has a creeping issue, because it happened to me several more times throughout the day. Not good. It seems similar to this MIDI issue in another thread, but in their case, a save and reopen will resurrect their session. In my case, a saved version will reopen with the clips still missing.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=314955

Has anybody else seen this? Any suggestions?

Chris
Old 01-16-2012, 08:06 AM

Default Re: BUG: All Clips in Edit Window Disappear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conleec View Post
...suggestions?...
Create a new blank session (same sample rate) and import session data form corrupted session. Hope this helps !!!
Old 01-16-2012, 10:39 AM

Thanks EGS. Will try that when I get back to my studio. It's kinda scary, though.

Chris
Old 01-17-2012, 10:13 AM

I'm working away from my office and still haven't had a chance to get back to this side project. But just wondering if anybody else has seen this behavior?

Chris