Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2008, 11:08 AM

Default Pro Tools (002R) Loading Issue

Hey Guys...first time posting here, but I desperately need some help.

I wouldn't call myself a newb, but I also wouldn't call myself a professional.

I recently purchased 7.4, but I have been having this problem since 6.9.

When I open PT, everything loads fine (plug-ins, music production toolkit, the works). Generally around the DAE area of the load process (sometimes when it says preferences or MIDI, but it's all around the same area) it jams up. No error message, it just freezes. I notice that the 1394 light on the front of my 002r begins to flicker. Sometimes my 002 even shuts off and turns back on. I have been having this problem since 6.9, and I've had the SAME problem on two differenct machines. The weird part is, sometimes it actually loads...no problem. I have always thought this must be a bad firewire connection, but if PT's makes it through the load process it never fails after that, the connection stays solid.

Problem #2 is a new one, and is making me frusturated beyond belief. Now when PT actually loads (which happens randomly still) it freezes when I open up a session. It tends to freeze during the Midi Overview area, but sometimes before of after. I have not gotten past that load freeze. Again...no error message...no 'not responding' message from windows or anything. I am at a lose, and I hope someone here can help me out.

My System is an HP a6200n desktop, which I loaded XP SP2 on because I hate vista.
I have PT 7.4 with the Music Production Toolkit, and the Waves Mercury Bundle

I know my sytem can run pro tools as long as can get passed the load issues...I've recorded full sessions before, but sometimes i have to try and load about 6 times before it makes it through. Thanks guys...

Dave
Old 02-02-2008, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools (002R) Loading Issue

First check to see if you are using a supported firewire card. If it is not you will need to get one below.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...5&itemid=23113

If that does not fix it, and your firewire connection continues to drop out between your computer and the 002R, it might be possible that it is the well known and well documented power harness problem. Call digi tech support and have them get you a new one.