Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2023, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Plugins / Delay Compensation / Timing / Downbeat [PT-263943]

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofarm View Post
any chance for a fix in the 2023.summer release? Michael flores, dice naito??
This is driving a lot of us mad!!
+11111
Old 08-19-2023, 03:32 AM

please!!!
Old 10-15-2023, 01:29 AM

This thread has been going for over 3 years and AVID have not felt the need to explain what's going on (despite 13 pages of people desperately trying to troubleshoot this).

I don't see anywhere in the (1500 page) manual where it explains this odd behaviour with MIDI going completely out of time (what page is it on?).

As someone on this thread has previously stated, keeping audio in time is not a feature, it's a basic requirement of a DAW. Why no mention of this anywhere? If this is expected behaviour (not a bug) it should be clearly stated at point of sale (limited delay compensation functionality in Pro Tools Studio/Artist).

Has no one at AVID got any integrity? AVID, if you really believe that keeping MIDI in time (using ADC) is a premium feature that should only be available to Ultimate users, can you please state it clearly (on this thread and on the product page) so we can stop second guessing ourselves. If not, what are you doing about it?

Do the right thing AVID and let your customers know whether this is a bug you are unwilling to fix or if we are indeed using crippleware!

- Long-suffering Pro Tools user
Old 11-06-2023, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan DeWitt View Post
This thread has been going for over 3 years and AVID have not felt the need to explain what's going on (despite 13 pages of people desperately trying to troubleshoot this).

I don't see anywhere in the (1500 page) manual where it explains this odd behaviour with MIDI going completely out of time (what page is it on?).

As someone on this thread has previously stated, keeping audio in time is not a feature, it's a basic requirement of a DAW. Why no mention of this anywhere? If this is expected behaviour (not a bug) it should be clearly stated at point of sale (limited delay compensation functionality in Pro Tools Studio/Artist).

Has no one at AVID got any integrity? AVID, if you really believe that keeping MIDI in time (using ADC) is a premium feature that should only be available to Ultimate users, can you please state it clearly (on this thread and on the product page) so we can stop second guessing ourselves. If not, what are you doing about it?

Do the right thing AVID and let your customers know whether this is a bug you are unwilling to fix or if we are indeed using crippleware!

+1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 11-09-2023, 01:34 PM

Quote:

+1
Old 11-17-2023, 03:52 PM

It's a sticky and sticking in here for a reason!
Old 12-03-2023, 10:31 AM

Quote:

I recently found this thread after dealing with this latency LFOTool timing problem. This is the first post I have seen that says this is not an issue in PT ultimate. Is this true? Did Avid really intentionally break this feature in PT studio, while it has worked fine in ultimate?
Old 12-16-2023, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosDanger View Post
I recently found this thread after dealing with this latency LFOTool timing problem. This is the first post I have seen that says this is not an issue in PT ultimate. Is this true? Did Avid really intentionally break this feature in PT studio, while it has worked fine in ultimate?
It don't work in PT Ultimate.
I think its not a "bug", it is simply still not integrated in the whole ADC process.

But its time to do it !
Old 12-18-2023, 07:03 AM

Hi Guys,

the issue is actually older. Here is an excerpt of the bug list of Pro Tools.

PT-227173

Incorrect timecode is sent to plug-ins when delay is present before the plug-in
Resolution: This bug is unresolved

I complained to Avid on various occasions, without any answer. If you refer to the bug tracker number give in this thread, please also mention the one i stated here as well. This one is about 5 to 6 years old.

Best,

Thomas

Last edited by Fiedler Audio; 12-18-2023 at 07:04 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-18-2023, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiedler Audio View Post
Hi Guys,

the issue is actually older. Here is an excerpt of the bug list of Pro Tools.

PT-227173

Incorrect timecode is sent to plug-ins when delay is present before the plug-in
Resolution: This bug is unresolved

I complained to Avid on various occasions, without any answer. If you refer to the bug tracker number give in this thread, please also mention the one i stated here as well. This one is about 5 to 6 years old.

Best,

Thomas
Hi Thomas,

I'm curious. Is this from the Known Issues part of the PT "Read Me" doc, or is there a public-facing PT bug page? That bug isn't listed in the 2023.12 release docs.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro