Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 01-14-2021, 09:29 PM

Default Arturia Analog Lab -9173 Errors

Does anyone else get constant -9173 errors when using Analog lab? I've just upgraded to Analog Lab V, slightly better but not much.

It seems to be much worse with some instruments, for example the Buchla Easel, I can only load about 4 or 5 instances of this before I can't do much, others I can load lots and have no issues.

Is there any work around other than track freeze?

Another way I can reproduce it, even if I have just a few of the Buchla loaded, if I go to a workspace and preview a wav file then quickly click on another wav file it instantly -9173 errors.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Arturia Analog Lab -9173 Errors

Please take a look at the Help Us Help You document linked to the forum header.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:24 AM

While waiting for system info from the OP I can say in general that some of Arturia's plugins are cpu hogs. If there are multiple instances of Analog Lab running that's even more so. The Buchla and Mini Moog are two of the worst that I've found. Surprisingly enough the Moog Modular isn't that bad and it's one of their oldest plugins.

QAPLA!
Old 01-16-2021, 01:24 PM

OS Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
RAM: 64 GB (4 x 16GB) PC4-19200 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Drives
1 x Samsung SSD 860 EVO - 1TB
1 x Samsung SSD 860 EVO - 4TB
1 x Seagate Barracuda Pro 14TB 7.2K 256M 6Gb/s 3.5" SATA Hard Drive
Old 01-17-2021, 02:03 AM

Although we run two new Mac Pro 7.1 with 28 cores each and 384 GB ram we have showstoppers with some Arturia VI aswell! These Macs could probably run a Shuttle Launch to Mars but not run 2-3 Arturia VI instances at the same time.

We have started using our Moog and Prophet hardware synths more and more these days but when we do use software VI we freeze those tracks as soon as we have a working sound from the Artiria VI on a session and repeat with the next instance. It has to be a bug in their software as the OP machine is way powerful as are our Macs so this shouldn't happen.

Sent several emails about this to Artiria but never hear anything back so gave up. ... and they want us to upgrade to a new V8 V9 tc when it comes out ... Hmmm I think we will pass!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-17-2021, 02:37 AM

I don’t use Arturia but had to setup a system for someone and they run the full collection of instruments.

I noticed that the AAX plugins were tiny in comparison to the VST/AU versions. Something makes me think that they are NOT native AAX plugins but some sort of wrapped versions.

I too noticed that they were woefully inefficient compared to other VIs on the same system.

Anyone else noticed that about the AAX files?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2021, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
I don’t use Arturia but had to setup a system for someone and they run the full collection of instruments.

I noticed that the AAX plugins were tiny in comparison to the VST/AU versions. Something makes me think that they are NOT native AAX plugins but some sort of wrapped versions.

I too noticed that they were woefully inefficient compared to other VIs on the same system.

Anyone else noticed that about the AAX files?

Until you mentioned it I never noticed the file size difference. Analog Lab V (which is the latest version) AAX is 709K while the vst is 30.5 meg and the au is 30.7 meg. Want an even weirder one? Most of the AAX versions are 709K with a small handful at 630K and Spark at 2.3 meg.

I like their plugins having used them since they only had a couple of instruments. But there are times they drive me nuts. And as has been said getting support from them is impossible - just like Native Instruments.

QAPLA!
Old 01-17-2021, 05:36 AM

Default Arturia Analog Lab -9173 Errors

Exactly.

Something clearly doesn’t add up there. VST/AU virtually the same size and AAX a tiny fraction. Check any other non Arturia plugin and they’re probably on par size wise between the VST/AU/AAX variants.

When I saw that I thought they must be using some sort of shell. Could indeed be why they don’t perform well if they’re not a native AAX plugin so to speak.

I’m no cider by any means. Just speculating. But... it doesn’t make sense.

Old 01-17-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Exactly.

Something clearly doesn’t add up there. VST/AU virtually the same size and AAX a tiny fraction. Check any other non Arturia plugin and they’re probably on par size wise between the VST/AU/AAX variants.

When I saw that I thought they must be using some sort of shell. Could indeed be why they don’t perform well if they’re not a native AAX plugin so to speak.

I’m no cider by any means. Just speculating. But... it doesn’t make sense.

Kontakt 6 AAX is 96.4 meg and au is 96.3 meg
Omnisphere 1 AAX is 155 K but au is 120.6 meg
VPS Avenger AAX is 40.4 meg and au is 54.1 meg
Velvet AAX is 41.6 meg and au is 21.3 meg
Falcon 2.1 AAX is 78.1 meg and au is 83.1 meg (I have Falcon direct from UVI)

Interesting numbers and I have no idea why Omnisphere has such a discrepancy between versions.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 01-17-2021 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Although we run two new Mac Pro 7.1 with 28 cores each and 384 GB ram we have showstoppers with some Arturia VI aswell! These Macs could probably run a Shuttle Launch to Mars but not run 2-3 Arturia VI instances at the same time.

We have started using our Moog and Prophet hardware synths more and more these days but when we do use software VI we freeze those tracks as soon as we have a working sound from the Artiria VI on a session and repeat with the next instance. It has to be a bug in their software as the OP machine is way powerful as are our Macs so this shouldn't happen.

Sent several emails about this to Artiria but never hear anything back so gave up. ... and they want us to upgrade to a new V8 V9 tc when it comes out ... Hmmm I think we will pass!
Thanks. Whoa! Those are some monster machines! Well, if these machines can run it then what chance do I have.