How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 01-16-2021, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Dark Theme in Pro Tools 2020.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
FWIW I tried the latest edit to Dark Mode, which I really like BTW, but it messes up my Slate Raven setup. Just so you know. I have no idea why that would be... Oh well, the regular DM is still better than Classic IMNSHO.
I don't have access to a Raven so can't help there. Wouldn't want one anyways considering what some here have said about them after using one.

QAPLA!
Old 01-17-2021, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I don't have access to a Raven so can't help there. Wouldn't want one anyways considering what some here have said about them after using one.
Well... It’s a great tool for me. I’d be lost without it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...
Old 01-17-2021, 08:06 AM

Just tried out the most recent txt posted by macsearcher above. I've switch back to classic because I'm straining to read the names of inserts in the Edit window. (Light Grey on slightly less Light Grey). However, I wanted to say thank you to the users who put the leg work in to figure this out and present another option.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
Just tried out the most recent txt posted by macsearcher above. I've switch back to classic because I'm straining to read the names of inserts in the Edit window. (Light Grey on slightly less Light Grey). However, I wanted to say thank you to the users who put the leg work in to figure this out and present another option.
Did you try my file version? I tried some of macsearcher's changes when I was working up my version and found some of his color changes just didn't work for me and were actually more unreadable. I think some of this boils down to a person's color sensitivity and what stands out for that person and maybe no one else.

Mine has white text on a grey background. If you drop me a regular email I'll send you the file I'm using if you want.

QAPLA!
Old 01-17-2021, 09:02 AM

I didn't. I was skimming back through the thread to find it actually but found musicman's first. Shooting you an email through the forum util, thanks.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I didn't. I was skimming back through the thread to find it actually but found musicman's first. Shooting you an email through the forum util, thanks.
Can't do attachments through the forum. You need to email me at [email protected] with your regular email address.

QAPLA!
Old 01-17-2021, 11:57 PM

Quote:
I'm using some of that code but the inserts are one thing I'd modified (or just didn't copy at all from macsearcher). I don't recall the colors I ended up with (perhaps blue) but they're easily legible now. I know it's not the radioactive green that had floated around in some places.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:02 AM

Im generally a dark mode fan but this may be the worse implementation I've seen. Two things that stick out to me right way are the insert colors (not enough difference between the lane and insert) and the highlighting of regions (especially when you have dozens of tracks). It can be difficult to tell when some regions are highlighted or not.

When an insert is open, the insert block is a light grey. This is how it should be permanently whether it's open or not. Has anyone here successfully made the inserts more legible? Id be curious to try. In its current state, classic is much clearer and easy to follow.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLaudio View Post
Has anyone here successfully made the inserts more legible? Id be curious to try. In its current state, classic is much clearer and easy to follow.
There are only 42 pages worth of discussion about it.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
FWIW I tried the latest edit to Dark Mode, which I really like BTW, but it messes up my Slate Raven setup. Just so you know. I have no idea why that would be... Oh well, the regular DM is still better than Classic IMNSHO.
Dark mode UI Works great here with RAVEN and looks super cool, file a support ticket with Slate if you need help.

https://slatemediatechnology.zendesk...UI-Mode-macOS-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgW6kZhYwoE