How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 01-17-2021, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Arturia Analog Lab -9173 Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
I don’t use Arturia but had to setup a system for someone and they run the full collection of instruments.

I noticed that the AAX plugins were tiny in comparison to the VST/AU versions. Something makes me think that they are NOT native AAX plugins but some sort of wrapped versions.

I too noticed that they were woefully inefficient compared to other VIs on the same system.

Anyone else noticed that about the AAX files?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I have noticed this too.
Old 01-24-2021, 03:09 AM

I have received information - unofficial of course - that the AAE-9173 error message is caused by PT inability to cope with certain CPU systems - such as the Intel Xeon - running Win10. Even with very light use of PT Ultimate playback stops, and the error message is displayed. Apparently there is no remedy to this situation - I have tried all the tricks in the book, and then some - other than changing into another OS or CPU (i.e. Mac / i5 or i7).

Anyone hear the same ?

I have experienced this issue (AAE - 9173 error messages) with PT Ultima 2018.4.0. For some reason, which I cannot understand, the problem persists with PT Ultima releases up to date ....
Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.4.0 (tried out 2020.12 demo)
64 GB RAM
480 GB SSD for system
1 TB 7200 rpm HDD for data
Connected to 2 pcs MOTU 896 Mk 3 interface (alternatively) 1 pc Soundcraft Ui24R interface
Connected through FW to MOTUs (alternatively) USB (to MOTUs (alternatively) Soundcraft)
Old 01-24-2021, 04:46 AM

Well your unofficial ”source” is not that great then as we all get 9173 errors nomatter what OS. We have these errors on Mac and thru all versions since OSX mavericks so that it is a PC CPU issue only is pure horsepucky!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-24-2021, 12:43 PM

Hey Christopher !

Is is always nice to see well-informed, educated and professional responses on these boards ! Thank you !!!

Unfortunately I am not at liberty to identify my source. I will just tell you that he has installed hundreds of PT installations on Macs and PCs.

Your response is ample testimony that there are severe problems in the code, mainly in the way Pro Tools is (un)able to use available processor power: No matter how many cores are available, PT appears to distribute the CPU load sufficiently unevenly to get into trouble.

I can't imagine why such a problem - appearing in Macs as well as PCs for such a period of time - has not be identified and corrected ...
Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.4.0 (tried out 2020.12 demo)
64 GB RAM
480 GB SSD for system
1 TB 7200 rpm HDD for data
Connected to 2 pcs MOTU 896 Mk 3 interface (alternatively) 1 pc Soundcraft Ui24R interface
Connected through FW to MOTUs (alternatively) USB (to MOTUs (alternatively) Soundcraft)
Old 01-24-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ66Hki View Post
Hey Christopher !

Is is always nice to see well-informed, educated and professional responses on these boards ! Thank you !!!

Unfortunately I am not at liberty to identify my source. I will just tell you that he has installed hundreds of PT installations on Macs and PCs.

Your response is ample testimony that there are severe problems in the code, mainly in the way Pro Tools is (un)able to use available processor power: No matter how many cores are available, PT appears to distribute the CPU load sufficiently unevenly to get into trouble.

I can't imagine why such a problem - appearing in Macs as well as PCs for such a period of time - has not be identified and corrected ...
Dude - you have no idea what you're talking about. Not at liberty to ID your source - yeah right. Christopher knows more about these types of things than you ever will - he runs a major studio and if such a problem existed he'd know about it.

We don't need to step in bull manure to know it when we read it. And your writing stinks to high heaven. Go troll Gearslutz

QAPLA!