Question Re: PT 11 won't import audio

Which OS?
Old 07-02-2016, 04:59 PM

Default Re: PT 11 won't import audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiorecording View Post
PT 11 won't import audio from import.

Not sure what's up.
Could you give us any LESS info? Like what exact version of PT11, computer operating system, etc. If you're on a Mac and trying to import from a PC formatted drive you will have issues. Or if you're on Windoze and the drive has gone to sleep that could be an issue.

QAPLA!
Old 07-03-2016, 04:03 PM

Hello,

The computer is Mac OS ElCapitan, the Pro Tools version is 11.2.

Other issues are seeming to occur like I can't save file as from the clip menu like I used to.

Thank you for the assistance.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:25 PM

What does/doesn't it do, precisely? Any error messages? Spinning icon of death? Crash?
Old 07-03-2016, 04:49 PM

Horribly useless amount of information here.

Starting with trying to import what exact format audio files into exactly what type of session format? And as already asked what exactly happens, exact errors etc? What file system type are you trying to import from/to? Are you trying to copying content or trying to leave it in place?

If working with removable/interchange/external media first drag/copy any files to your audio/session drive and import the files from there.

Hopefully you realize Pro Tools 11 is not officially supported on El Capitan, and it has known problems, but this is not one of them.

This is either something simple like a corrupt session, or preferences, or you are not working on a HFS+ file system or have file system permissions wrong... You should check all those, try trashing preferences and starting with a new empty session, running from a new user account with admin privileges, etc. make sure your session or file content is not say on EX-FAT or NTFS media. And you have preferences set to always copy content on import.

If it is not something so simple then nobody will have any idea and it is likely worth just trying reinstalling Pro Tools and if that does not work then do a full clean OS X install and install Pro Tools onto that, ideally a fully supported OS X version for Pro Tools 11. Install on a spare partition or new drive and just install the ILM, Pro Tools, no drivers etc. just use built-in output as the playback engine and test import works there. If so then add drivers, plugins and other apps. Do not use system migration assistant to move apps or drivers over. Trying fresh installs of Pro Tools 11 on El Capitan (vs insitu upgrading them) may run you into other known problems, so just better to be on a supported OS version.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:08 PM

The error comes up when I use Import Audio from the file pull down menu.
It does not give me an option to select a file of any format.
I have attached a screen snapshot of the error.

Here is the text from the error.

Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/151228/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacBuild/../MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 559.

Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 10.00.28 PM.jpg (36.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-03-2016, 09:15 PM

So try trashing prefs, a new empty session, from a new admin account? Again if that does not work... next steps are reinstall Pro Tools, and eventually the OS.

Out of curiosity you can also try creating an audio track and drag and dropping content onto that.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:09 PM

Default PT 11 won't import audio

Might be related to PT11 isn't qualified to work on OSX 10.11

I would start by trying to reinstall the last working version of OSX that was qualified to run PT11.3.2.

I have a $100's that you won't have problems importing after that....

PT11.3 is cool with Yosemite 10.10.3

Go back to that one
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiorecording View Post
The error comes up when I use Import Audio from the file pull down menu.
It does not give me an option to select a file of any format.
I have attached a screen snapshot of the error.

Here is the text from the error.

Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/151228/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacBuild/../MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 559.

Thank you.
Still not enough info. Exactly where are you trying to import the file from? System drive, secondary drive, where? And if a secondary drive how is that drive formatted?

Of course with you trying to run PT11 on a totally unsupported OSX that is a major part of your problem right there.

I love it when people don't pay attention to s/w compatibility when running a system.

QAPLA!
Old 07-04-2016, 07:17 AM

Arrow Re: PT 11 won't import audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Might be related to PT11 isn't qualified to work on OSX 10.11
Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/151228/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacBuild/../MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 559

This is a known issue. Avid is not going to fix this. Either reinstall Mac OS X v10.10.5 (or earlier) or upgrade to Pro Tools v12.3.1 (or later).