Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 08-31-2009, 07:39 AM

Default M-Audio 1010 Signal Stutter record and playback issue

Hello-

Yesterday I was helping a friend get his M-Audio Pro Tools set up and running. Everything was going well until we recorded a test track. The track started to make quick stutters. It sounded like cosmic radio static stutter whenever a signal was coming in. It also happened on playback of said track. I raised the buffer size and that seemed to make a slower stuttering. My theory is that he doesn't have enough processor muscle to run the 1010 with the PCI card. We did a test importing a stereo Audio track from a CD and the same thing happened on playback.

He's using a 2.8 gig single processor, M-Audio 1010 with PCI card

Any tips or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:14 PM

Default Re: M-Audio 1010 Signal Stutter record and playback issue

an old 2.8?..probably not wise for lots of tracks/plugs of course.. but it should be able to handle a few as is. Depends how the sys is and setup though.

I personally would avoid the latest maudio delta 1010 driver btw.
Make sure it's setup correctly (mpanel)
Make sure other progs/resident apps are closed too.

* can you list the HDD/Raid controller name on your motherboard?
There is a known incompat with certain maudio cards and SIl ctrlrs.