Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2016, 09:04 AM

Default Artist Mix encoder knob 1 does not work in Logic Pro

Using Logic Pro 10.2.4 with Artist Mix and Transport running Eucon 3.4. OSX 10.11.6.

In Logic, first encoder knob of Mix has not effect when rotating. Top click works fine. Ran thru hardware test of my Mix and that knob is working as expected. Looks like a bug in Eucon 3.4 with Logic Pro 10.2.4.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Artist Mix encoder knob 1 does not work in Logic Pro

Apparently, Logic Pro is no longer supported by Avid for Artist Mix. Good to know. Guess they are trying to force you to use Pro Tools only if you own a Mix. See below...

"Hello John,

For the Artist Mix, we can only support Artist Mix with Pro Tools.

Avid Audio"

That's a bummer. Anyone want to buy an Artist Mix and Transport?
Old 08-23-2016, 02:58 AM

They're going to kill or at least severely cripple customer demand for their products if they really stop supporting logic and cubase.

If this is true, the company is even more cheap about hiring quality developers and technical staff than I thought.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:51 AM

Its really too bad because Avid does have some really cool products but I find it hard to believe there isnt a major downsizing coming soon there. Starts with removing support(meaning people/resources) for products, although IMO, from being in corporate America for a number of years, it should start at the top. That's where you get biggest bang for your removal buck.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:27 AM

These products are supposed to have MCU/HUI emulation. That's what's advertised. Supporting the other programs' functionality and compatibility may not be part of Avid's responsibility, so long as their own devices are performing the proper emulation. So let's draw a line between them helping you get your "Product X" working with your Artist device which may not be within their purview, and Avid making sure their product actually provides what they promise.

Having said that...

I am having problems getting Harrison's Mixbus to work with my Artist Control, and Avid has recognized some sort of bug in their MCU emulation. Although promised, they have yet to reach out to Harrison (who purchased the slew of Artist series products to test with their software, but they can't get them to work either, although it DOES work with other MCU devices). This has dragged out over a couple of months, and they refuse to acknowledge a) that they haven't even reached out to Harrison as promised, and b) any sort of timeline for a fix.

My device doesn't work as advertised. My support plan doesn't get me solutions.

How do we escalate items like this?
Old 08-23-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
How do we escalate items like this?
With a lawyer.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:55 AM

Good luck and sorry to hear.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:02 AM

Apple is who needs to be contacted for support. Mine works fine with other DAWs and I have the latest versions of software and firmware.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
Apple is who needs to be contacted for support. Mine works fine with other DAWs and I have the latest versions of software and firmware.
You're probably right about the Apple thing. Still, there could be a bug that is on the Avid side, like the bug that I have that they have logged, at which point it's on Avid to fix it. The OP seems to think the hardware tests fine, so it is the software that is not working, whether that's Avid software or Apple.

There is so little transparency and documentation for the implementation of Eucon that it's hard for the end user to debug. I've debugged lots of stuff but can't with my Artist Control. Rather than try to debug their own software for the OP, Avid chooses the easy route of blaming third-party software.

IF it's an Avid bug, how does the OP get it fixed? I've got a bug logged and they won't give a timeline for a fix.