Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Focusrite

Default Re: Avid Mbox mini 3rd G is dead. Now What?

Quote:
But I'm thinking about upgrading to pro tools 9, and buying a nice interface. I looked at the focusrite scarlett 2i2, but someone mentioned that there was some problems regarding 16/24 bit.
Hi there,

Hoping I can help you out with this.

What sorts of issues are being had?

Best regards.

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/
Old 03-27-2014, 06:50 AM

I don't have any problems with focusrite scarlett 2i2, since I don't even own it. I 've just read several places, that people were complaining about the bit quality. I don't know if it's a problem or not, hence I don't own the interface.

I've decided to go for Studio One 2 professional. It cost a lot less than Pro tools, and from what I've read in forums and seen on youtube. It's a really nice piece of software. I still haven't had the chance to try my Mbox on another Computer or OS, but I probably will eventually.

For now I've invested in a another interface along with the S1-2 sotware. I was more costly than my budget actually allowed, but I figured it was the cheapest solution in the long run.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:45 AM
Focusrite

Hi nickmadsen,

It sounds like you may be referring to the question some users have on the Windows, WDM Driver, versus the ASIO Driver.

Our Scarlett, like most other Audio Interfaces, is designed to use an ASIO Driver Type on Windows. As it is a 24-bit device the ASIO Driver is capable of 24-bit and 16-bit depths.

Some users become concerned when going into their Windows Sounds area and seeing that the Windows Driver settings only offer 16-bit. Bearing in mind that this only effects programs that use the WDM driver, such as basic audio programs that would not likely have 24-bit audio anyway, this is generally not an issue.

You are still able to record and playback at 24-bit in any ASIO DAW, such as Pro Tools, Reaper, etc.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

Best regards.

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/