Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 09-28-2010, 07:53 PM

Default Plug-in for 11R owners

does anyone know if 11R owners are going to ever get the plugin version as well since speaker break-up is in the plugin I could really use it, but I already paid 900$ for this hardware unit. So I have no speaker break-up and as well I'm supposed to pay 400$ just to add this option and have it as a plug-in seems kinda backwards to me, I should have just bought the plugin and not the 11R and saved the money. More and more on my way towards the Axe-Fx
Old 09-28-2010, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Plug-in for 11R owners

You can buy Eleven LE pretty cheap from others here on the DUC or from Ebay. You don't have to spend anywhere near $400. If you're gonna do that you might as well get the Music Production Toolkit and get it in there plus a bunch of other stuff with it.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:12 PM

yeah well just seems unfair to be honest, protools sees the 11R as the interface should allow the plugin to run. I'm not paying anything extra. If the interface is not an 11R no plugin sort of like an ilok.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:51 PM

yep double dipping.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisNorris View Post
yeah well just seems unfair to be honest, protools sees the 11R as the interface should allow the plugin to run. I'm not paying anything extra. If the interface is not an 11R no plugin sort of like an ilok.
gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme

I also think that it's unfair for a business to charge money for their products.
Eleven Rack, Axiom 61
Old 09-29-2010, 09:59 AM

All sarcasm aside...it would be nice for a company to show value for their customers and offer some form of discount for the added plug-ing. That said; the function/functionality of the 11R really steps way past the plug-in. Yes...it would be nice to have the plug-in; however, Eleven Free does have the speaker break-up and...although I haven't tried it, yet...I would think adding this on an insert and routing your audio through as clean an amp as possible, into whatever speaker combination could provide the additional detail. Again...haven't tried it, yet, but will.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:27 AM

Location: Current: Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Hails from: San Francisco

well i don't think Eleven Free has all the cab sims and their speaker breakup. So it would be best to go with Eleven LE. Really though, since you can find it for 50 bones, it's not too bad.

The way to run 11R with Eleven LE, would be any rig with cab sim disabled going to an instance of Eleven with the amp sim off but cab (w/speaker breakup) enabled right?

It has been posted on this board that they are TRYING to put speaker breakup into 11R, but due to dsp limitations they are unable. I believe they are working on a scaled down version of the algorithm? Hey, if it sounds the same i'm not complaining, a scaled down version would also help native processing in the Eleven plug.
RME Fireface 800
Eleven Rack
Old 09-29-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
does anyone know if 11R owners are going to ever get the plugin version as well since speaker break-up is in the plugin I could really use it, but I already paid 900$ for this hardware unit. So I have no speaker break-up and as well I'm supposed to pay 400$ just to add this option and have it as a plug-in seems kinda backwards to me, I should have just bought the plugin and not the 11R and saved the money. More and more on my way towards the Axe-Fx
Well, you could vote for it on IdeaScale. Yeah, I know what you are thinking, but, you never know, you know.

And one of the Avid boys in an interview was asked why speaker breakup wasn't included in the rack, and said that they had some trouble getting the algorithm for speaker breakup to run correctly on the 11R. But they were working on it and hoping to get it in the box "one day" thru a firmware upgrade.

Hopefully, one day will come sooner rather than later .
Old 09-29-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
If you want Eleven RTAS, go to eBay and buy it for $75 + $25 iLok transfer, or go here and get the MPTK2 for $279
http://www.airusersblog.com/deals/

I wish they would include the effects in the Software to make re-amping in-the-box as simple as adding the Eleven RTAS plugin on the dry audio track, and tweak in real time without overwriting the dry track.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio