Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 08-05-2020, 02:56 PM

Default Presonus 16r as PT USB Interface

Does anyone here know how to configure the mix from Pro Tools to play thru my Presonus 16r?

I've read lot's of articles, manuals, etc. and haven't found a clear answer.

Anyone?
Old 08-05-2020, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Presonus 16r as PT USB Interface

You are not going to get a step by step tutorials for stuff like this on DUC. How about you say what you are doing/what instructions you are following and the point you are stuck at.

And most of this I would expect you should get from Presonus tutorials or online videos. If you have found lots of stuff... tell us any you are following/have tried.

16r driver installed? What version? (is that supported on your OS version?) The drivers will be included in the Control software bundle. You have to be careful to download a version supported on your macOS version. Nothing specific to Pro Tools in this step.

Is the 16r selected as the playback engine? Don't use an aggregate. Don't assume, always check what the Playback Engine is as Pro Tools can screw you here and change the playback engine.

Setup>I/O look correct? If not have you Defaulted the I/O? Post screenshots if things look wrong still, each IO page and the playback engine page.

Try starting with a new empty session with one stereo audio track with a know good audio file dropped onto it playing back out whatever outputs you want to use on the 16r.

Anything above does not makes sense just ask.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 08-05-2020 at 06:01 PM.