Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2011, 07:37 PM

Default Updating PACE drivers... before updating to 9.0.5

Ok, I (tried to) follow all the steps prior to update to 9.0.5 (As usual, why make it simple when you can make it so complicated !!)...

- uninstalled Interlock driver kit from Win Control Panel
- Dwnloaded and installed latest PACE drivers (quite tricky, you never really know when you're done...
- rebooted, launched 9.0.5 updater - kept me in dark for about 5 minutes, then launched the installer, I okayed everything. It seemed to install (again) something PACE related at first.
- Rebooted after installation, then first message : ''PACE error'', requiring me (again !) to update PACE drivers. Now it requires me (again) to reboot. I did it, to no difference. If I now try to launch PT9, I'm being told (again) that I need to update driver.

UPDATE:
- I was pointed out by PACE support it *may* have to do with a dll file for RME Fireface drivers which needed to be renamed during installation.
- My interface is brand new and this driver with that file has never been installed on this machine. So this is excluded. Plus I never powered the RME interface during PACE driver update....
- Now iLok are out of words and here's the answer I get:

Hello,

Your iLok was seen by our website earlier today. This means your drivers are working correctly. As the license is on your iLok and your drivers are functioning correctly, it is likely a software issue and you should contact the software company.
iLok.com Technical Support

So this ''software company'' : can anyone tell me how you reach them ? All I see is ASC credits to buy,( but anyway: none for PT9...) How do you reach Avid for this problem ?

I'm now stucked with a software for which I've paid big price for what it worth, which I cannot use on any system: not anymore on my Win PC, not on my new Mac with Lion (it worked for a day, and now it won't even load a new document - different message though, nothing to do (i think...) with the iLok.

Was updating from 9.0.3, Windows 7 x64 machine. Kept my ilok key plugged during entire process.