Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 11-06-2013, 11:08 PM

Default Need Help Setting up My Firestudio to Record in ProTools

Please HELP!!

I purchased a PreSonus FireStudio Project about 4 years ago in order to be able to track drums. I did this by using GarageBand. Now I have Pro Tools 10 and want to use this hardware to track drums directly into ProTools. The problem is I have no idea how to set this up.

The Firestudio connects via Firewire to the back of my computer. When I turn it on the blue light on the front of the Firestudio becomes stable (indicating the it is recognized by the computer?). I then go into Pro Tools and have no idea what I need to do to continue on with the setup to allow me to get signal through the FireStudio, into ProTools, and recorded onto a track. I assume there is something within ProTools that I need to select and make it so Pro Tools recognizes the FireStudio??? Then maybe some type of I/O setup??? I am in waaay over my head and would be so grateful for any helpful hints or walkthroughs. Thanks so much for your time.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Need Help Setting up My Firestudio to Record in ProTools

I would head over to Presonus and download the manual and latest driver. Once the driver is installed you should see the FireStudio listed as a hardware choice in PTs hardware setup window. If your not seeing the Firestudio as a hardware choice try launching PT while holding down the N key. If the drivers are correctly installed it will be listed. Once the driver is installed and its selected as your interface in PT you should see it in the IO section of PT.

See the "Help US Help You" link at the top of the forum if that doesn't get you up an running,

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 11-08-2013, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Need Help Setting up My Firestudio to Record in ProTools

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
I would head over to Presonus and download the manual and latest driver. Once the driver is installed you should see the FireStudio listed as a hardware choice in PTs hardware setup window. If your not seeing the Firestudio as a hardware choice try launching PT while holding down the N key. If the drivers are correctly installed it will be listed. Once the driver is installed and its selected as your interface in PT you should see it in the IO section of PT.

See the "Help US Help You" link at the top of the forum if that doesn't get you up an running,
All this and get a decent 3rd party book on using PT - there's several and for a total noob in PT the PT101 course book is a good one.

And most important - read the PT manual!

QAPLA!