Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2013, 10:50 AM

Default HELP! Can't rename regions. Pro Tools Neo Assertion error in line 694

Hey, I am consolidating some tracks, tidying them up and getting them ready to be mixed and it has been going fine, until all of a sudden I started to get this error every time I try to rename the disk file of a consolidated region within pro tools:

Neo Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/ws.ProTools_9.0.6/AlturaPorts/SDKs/Neo61/Libraries/Macinstosh/Environments/Alone/../../../../Source/CNeoCollection.cpp line 694

I have not been able to find any solution to this, online or otherwise.

My workaround has been to go into the audio files folder, manually rename the files, and reimport them, which is a HUGE hassle...

I am running Pro Tools 9 on an iMac OSX 10.6.8

Any help? Please!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:54 AM

Default Re: HELP! Can't rename regions. Pro Tools Neo Assertion error in line 694

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkdude View Post
Hey, I am consolidating some tracks, tidying them up and getting them ready to be mixed and it has been going fine, until all of a sudden I started to get this error every time I try to rename the disk file of a consolidated region within pro tools:

Neo Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/ws.ProTools_9.0.6/AlturaPorts/SDKs/Neo61/Libraries/Macinstosh/Environments/Alone/../../../../Source/CNeoCollection.cpp line 694

I have not been able to find any solution to this, online or otherwise.

My workaround has been to go into the audio files folder, manually rename the files, and reimport them, which is a HUGE hassle...

I am running Pro Tools 9 on an iMac OSX 10.6.8

Any help? Please!
Hi,

Are you keeping the file names simple and free of any illegal characters, like @£?_* etc

And make sure nothing in the save path has any of these illegal characters. thats you drive name, partition name, folder name etc

chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:01 AM

Default Re: HELP! Can't rename regions. Pro Tools Neo Assertion error in line 694

Yes, no illegal characters. I've been cleaning up the mud between tom drums and re-consolidating them and then renaming them 'Tom 1' and 'Tom 2'. It has been working fine so far, no illegal characters in any drive names or anything. I literally changed nothing, it just all of a sudden started happening.

Around the same time that this line 694 error started happening I have been getting a lot more 'Pro Tools quit unexpectedly' errors after closing a session, as well. It didn't seem to be a coincidence, the two seem related.

edit: I even tried a system re-boot and it kept happening
Old 08-21-2013, 04:58 PM

Probably a corrupt session file.

Create a new session, import session data, and bring the whole thing into the new session, then re-save.

Fixes most Neo Assertion errors.