Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 09-08-2009, 04:41 AM

Default Re: ikmultimedia NO Support

im going to do my best to reply to your comment without been offensive...

the fact that ive been working with protools for more than 5 years as a profession allows me to know when something is working properly or not...

i think im entitled to an opinion whatsoever about how my plugs should or should not work... and the fact that all of the other plugs in my system work as they should gives me somewhat a idea of of what should it look like when all my resources are being used at its best (say im working on a session with a costumer and he has already recorded several tracks and is using several amp simulators and other vi... and need a sound only provided by the ik instruments, then my work around is to stop the flow of the session by bouncing to disk the entire session, which might take a while then import the audio to a new track and disable ¨make inactive¨all the other tracks and set the machine to one processor before i can start working with the instrument track the costumer is expecting to record) which feels more like a approach from an LE based system where resources are LIMITED...

so by asking IK to work on this and give the appropriate usage from my hd accel 2 quad g5 or mac pro 8 core processor rig (or m-powered) is because the fine print on there plugs ever stated this anywhere and its very funny that most of the demo plugs sent to me (amplitube 2) worked fine with multiple processor without a hick-up so...

please stay away from this thread unless you have a real solution not a work around thank you
Old 09-08-2009, 07:16 AM

I'm sorta confused as to whether ur speaking to Digi or IK

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 09-08-2009, 05:20 PM

chris

again... sorry to hear about this.. but truly i have never heard of that and have never experienced that myself. have you called IK directly to talk about it? instead of giving up on the investment and slamming top-notch plugs in a public forum? ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
cueball73, thanks for your reply.

I enjoyed working with some of your plugins in the past (SampleTank, Amplitube) on PT 7.x, but I'v moved on to other plugs.

I actually did a short test after buying a new computer 2 months ago. After installing PT8 and test that everything was running (starting/recording/playback/standard pt plugs) ok I tried installing Amplitube and Classik Studio Reverb (the latest updates). Unfortunately PT would not launch after that. No error message, no nothing. So, I removed the plugs with the trash preferences tool, and I managed to launch and use PT again

Without your plugs
Old 09-08-2009, 05:23 PM

give you MY personal phone number when you are ranting and raving like a lunatic? ummm...

Digidesign Tech support ALREADY told you what the problem was earlier in the thread. There is nothing wrong with your IK Plugins.

That said, PLEASE call IK at the number on the website ASAP. they will be happy to talk to you about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos santana View Post
ik has nothing to do it??? (why pm we are on a forum) give the info out through here (and i still expect my money back!!!) i purchased these plugs for the sole purpose of working on protools (and its been a vary disappointing experience on protools 8 so far) i cant believe you still have the guts to say its not your fault (well it is!) when you state you are compatible with this system (rtas on protools!) so dont tell me to stop ranting cause all i want is to keep on working and getting my moneys worth so if i purchase a bundle of plugs or even just one simple little eq i expect it to be fully functional with my working environment... please give me solutions and ill stop ranting as you so call it, and if you want to get in touch at least give me a phone number so we can do so!!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:28 PM

Default Re: BOTTOM LINE POST

it doesn't matter who that was directed to. he is just yelling at anyone who tells him something he does not want to hear...

DIGI SUPPORT says: there is nothing wrong with the plugins, change your playback engine settings to free up a processor

IK MULTIMEDIA says: there is nothing wrong with the plugins, change your playback engine settings to free up a processor

COUNTLESS PROFESSIONALS ON THIS VERY FORUM SAY: there is nothing wrong with the plugins, change your playback engine settings to free up a processor

alas, he will keep yelling because this is not what he wants to hear. he knows better as he so eloquently explains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
I'm sorta confused as to whether ur speaking to Digi or IK
Old 09-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Avid

We should be crystal clear on this though - the 'nothing wrong' statement is specifically to indicate that there's nothing about the plug-in that is technically fixable. The problem lies in how RTAS dedicated processors work. They cannot handle specific coding methods that are used for these plug-ins and, thus, the workaround must be used until we are able to make changes in the RTAS engine to accommodate these coding methods.

Obviously this isn't an ideal situation - we know that are are working on making the necessary changes. In the meantime, reducing the number of processors in the CPU will allow you to use these plug-ins in a session and, if you need to free up some CPU for further plug-in use, you can always duplicate the tracks playlist and apply the effects using the AudioSuite version, then disable the plug-in.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:47 PM

Agreed. And said much better than I could say it.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:09 PM

Ah-ha... I understand now... SO WHEN ARE YA'LL GONNA FIX THE BLOODY PLUGS MATE

jus jiving

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 09-08-2009, 08:29 PM

Default Re: change the thread title

1. it is completely false
2. it is really misleading and wrongly hurtful to a really great company.

(i say that as someone who uses the products, not work related)
Old 09-08-2009, 08:33 PM

Yeah...Some people just always have to blame somethin on som1... I was joining the Blame Club in another thread becasue as of late, EVERYTHING is PT8.0.1 fault; So I added that, Since I updated, My properties went up.. That damn update

But seriously, I use Miroslav ALLLL the time with absolutely NO problems whatsoever... Thatz my 2nd (or is it 4th) fave String Library

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY