Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2003, 05:59 PM

Default Mac Preferences

Hello,

I recently had to trash my preferences folder to solve a glitch I was having with ProTools and Reaktor. Do I need to go back and reset anything to make sure PT will work properly. I noticed that when I dumped the preferences the energy saver was no longer set to no sleep. What else should I check I want to make sure I haven't messed something up. I am still pretty new to the Mac platform.

Thanks for your help
sg
Old 03-26-2003, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Mac Preferences

Hi there. You should never trash your whole preferences folder, it can really mess things up. Usually you just need to go inside that folder and delete the preferences associated with a certain application if that application is acting funny, but deleting the whole folder?... that's a can of worms.

Basically every application, control panel etc. will now have regressed back to the default settings on your system now. You'll have to re-do everything, including your web browser favorites, time zone, memory allocations etc. etc. etc.

I do not envy you this task. good luck.

Slim
Old 03-26-2003, 06:12 PM

I'm not sure about mac os settings that you may need to reset... but remember to make sure that the autosave function is still turned on in preferences!!!! that has gotten me into a tough situation more than once after a trashing of the PT Pref file.
JE
Old 03-26-2003, 07:59 PM

I did go back and reset the control panel preferences following the PT LE suggested configuration (memory allocation, no sleep etc). I also reinstalled Reaktor so I am pretty sure that at least PT and Reaktor have the settings straight. Also I currently have very few programs running on my machine and no internet connection...

Do I need to go through each item in the control panel and set it back up? what should I do to remedy this mess?

Thanks for your help
sg