Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2011, 03:17 PM

Default Switching between HD and LE plug in issue

Okay so i start a session at the studio in PT8 HD, i use tdm plug ins.
I take the session home, open it in PT9 (LE) all the plug ins open up as rtas. cool.
I come back to the studio after doing a little mixing at home and adding more plug ins. The session won't even open up in PT8 again. As its trying to open i see the deactiving plug ins messages n stuff then finally a beach ball and i force quit. I get around this by creating a new session and importing tracks a few at a time. The plug ins were being automatically converted back to tdm so there wasnt enough tdm power to open the whole session. Is it supposed to automatically convert those plugs from rtas to tdm again? Both computers at home and the studio are 8 core mac pros so they have no problem running tons of rtas but the hd4 system wouldnt handle all the plug ins which was a drag but the main point is that it was converting the rtas plugins from the session at home to tdm when the session opened. is there a way around this?
Old 03-11-2011, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Switching between HD and LE plug in issue

Just use RTAS from the start.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Banned

Default Re: Switching between HD and LE plug in issue

Hold Down Shift and open the session and it won't do that