Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2013, 08:50 AM

Default Re: iLok activation error?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwasserman View Post
Same here. Avid and the ilok folks corrected my issue for PT11 HD yesterday, but for my home non HD version I have the same exact issue.
What was done by avid and ilok to resolve the issue?
Old 06-22-2013, 08:55 AM

Highly recommend folks don't try the sync & repair, even with the instructions given by iLok and Avid. I tried that exactly and now I have 0 licenses on my iLok and it doesn't seem to let me fix that. So basically, I can't use any of my iLok software, even with Logic.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:04 AM

I had just tried the iLok manager again this morning and it looks like their servers are down. Either they are fixing the issue now or that the servers went off line due to the amount traffic they are getting. Ill check back again later tonight. Hope that it all gets resolved by then.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:56 AM

I just tried to sync my iLok and it now seems to work ok. Looks like they took care of the problem
Old 06-22-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADIrouting View Post
What was done by avid and ilok to resolve the issue?
Since my PT10 HD licenses were gone, I believe they gave me a clean PT11 license without needing to surrender the licenses that ilok deleted.

BTW - Ilok support email is now down. So I don't think our requests are even getting to them now.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwasserman View Post
Since my PT10 HD licenses were gone, I believe they gave me a clean PT11 license without needing to surrender the licenses that ilok deleted.

BTW - Ilok support email is now down. So I don't think our requests are even getting to them now.
ThankYou!
Old 06-22-2013, 10:10 AM

The servers work but the licensing authorization is still broken. The software keeps selecting the wrong license for surrender as the correct license was already surrendered and the software timed out. It won't let me select the correct license to be surrendered because it already was but didn't activate my PT11 group license. Don't try the reboot and resync recommended by Chris from Avid. This will lose you the possibly remaining working license for 10.3.6. What a cluster.

Avid, please drop Ilok and figure out a better software protection scheme. This one does not serve your customers. Even low end DAW software companies do a better job with rollout than the Avid-Ilok partnership. I'm into this upgrade almost 5 hours of wasted time and have neither the old or new software for use.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:14 AM

Think the servers been screwed today for obvious reasons.

Finally activated trial on a PC after numerous attempts over the last 6 hours

2 different Macbooks no go with the Ilok program, the endless loop appeared.

PC failed several times saying "successful" but then not placing the assets on the Ilok. Final attempt the 4 assets in the bundle made it.

Also for the last successful attempt I connected via ethernet cable rather than wireless, if that helps anyone, maybe unrelated but you never know.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:14 AM

Yes, I tried again this morning and with some patience, it looks like it re-synced all of the licenses back to my iLok properly (including the activated PT11 trial license).
Old 06-22-2013, 10:22 AM

Yeah, same here, locally (before the ILM connected) my iLok showed 64 activations. When I connected to the server via ILM, 0 activations. I did the process of unplugging my iLok, starting ILM and then re-sync/fix and it work (I was shocked to say the least).... It shows 64 activations while connected as well. And yes one of them is a trial license of PT11 as my paid one one didn't surrender properly.... a lot of us in that boat it seems.
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)