Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Falcon 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Maybe they're waiting until the offer expires?
Do we know For sure we are supposed to get Falcon 2 with our active plans and with subscriptions! When we got Falcon 1 we got a special Avid library that only worked as AAX64 bit and also only with active support plans and annual plans which stopped working when a customer stopped paying.

The new Falcon is a whole other library and it is a 260-ish value before the 27th so has anyone actually heard or read somewhere (where if that is true) that Falcon2 will be part of any of the license plans this time around? Either when updating our support and annual plan of a perpetual license or with a subscription that only works as long as we are paying the subs fee.

Would be interested in reading where this was written and everrything should have been explained there.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-22-2019, 10:34 PM

It seems no one has any definitive answer and I would say that at 114 euros for V2, the full library and about 5 expansions (If you used MachFive), who cares? Owning it feels so much better. There are no free lunches. Avid wants you to feel obligated to renew the subscription because you started to use all the plugins that comes with pro tools. I am out of coverage right now and it feels good showing Avid that I am not paying for things I don’t need or already own.

Phone +46707773443
Old 10-23-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Do we know For sure we are supposed to get Falcon 2 with our active plans and with subscriptions! When we got Falcon 1 we got a special Avid library that only worked as AAX64 bit and also only with active support plans and annual plans which stopped working when a customer stopped paying.

The new Falcon is a whole other library and it is a 260-ish value before the 27th so has anyone actually heard or read somewhere (where if that is true) that Falcon2 will be part of any of the license plans this time around? Either when updating our support and annual plan of a perpetual license or with a subscription that only works as long as we are paying the subs fee.

Would be interested in reading where this was written and everrything should have been explained there.

The short answer is no. There's nothing I've seen written by either Avid or UVI that states that Avid users of any sort will receive the upgrade to F-2. The only place its been mentioned, as far as I can tell, is right here on this discussion thread. So, absent any official announcement from either company the safest bet is that it isn't happening.

Old 10-23-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
the safest bet is that it isn't happening
Yes, and even if it was, the safest bet is neither is announcing the giveaway until the promotion ends. Why would they? Now customers have incentive to upgrade.

At least if I was wearing that tie, I would demand that both parties didn't say a word about the giveaway until the promotion is over.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:41 AM

Quote:
The short answer is no. There's nothing I've seen written by either Avid or UVI that states that Avid users of any sort will receive the upgrade to F-2. The only place its been mentioned, as far as I can tell, is right here on this discussion thread. So, absent any official announcement from either company the safest bet is that it isn't happening.
I think I mentioned it here but anyways UVI has no knowledge that any individual has the Avid provided Falcon. Login to your UVI account if you have one and you'll see that Falcon does not show as part of your account unless you purchased it from them or an authorized reseller.

When I had a tech support ticket in with UVI about the license assets for both the Avid provided Falcon and the purchased F2 from UVI existing on the same iLok I also asked if they knew if Avid was going to provide F2 to those who have the Avid version and the person I dealt with said he didn't know but that it would be up to whatever Avid and UVI can negotiate with each other.

QAPLA!
Old 10-23-2019, 08:49 PM

Still no Avid Falcon 2 , contacted UVI, in Paris....they had the same exact wording as Avid...."available in a few days."

Been a few weeks now, any news as to when? UVI had Falcon 2 up around 10/10/19
Old 10-25-2019, 10:21 AM

By the way, for anyone using either Falcon 1, Falcon AVID, or the new Falcon 2, there is an excellent video tutorial series at Groove 3 by Eli Krantzberg "UVI Falcon Explained". He's using Falcon 1, but it would apply to Falcon 2 as well, as far as how you navigate the menus, edit patches, create patches, use FX, create Multi's, add layers, add modulations, etc etc. Its a beast, and requires a bit of a learning curve. So, if you are a Groove3 subscriber, this series is VERY helpful to get you started!

Old 10-25-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
By the way, for anyone using either Falcon 1, Falcon AVID, or the new Falcon 2, there is an excellent video tutorial series at Groove 3 by Eli Krantzberg "UVI Falcon Explained". He's using Falcon 1, but it would apply to Falcon 2 as well, as far as how you navigate the menus, edit patches, create patches, use FX, create Multi's, add layers, add modulations, etc etc. Its a beast, and requires a bit of a learning curve. So, if you are a Groove3 subscriber, this series is VERY helpful to get you started!
I like Eli's videos but his presentation doesn't carry a lot of excitement to it. I know undertakers that have a more emotive delivery. Good info though if I can stay awake through them

QAPLA!
Old 10-25-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I like Eli's videos but his presentation doesn't carry a lot of excitement to it. I know undertakers that have a more emotive delivery. Good info though if I can stay awake through them

Hey, as long as I can understand how to use this beast, I'm happy! What I like about Eli is how thorough he is in explaining everything. He tells you everything he's doing while he show it to you. That's what I need for stuff like this!

Old 10-25-2019, 04:03 PM

I bit the bullet and got F-2 tonight. I went through Sweetwater so I could do the 3 payment plan to make it easier on the budget. The process was painless. My agent took the order over the phone, made sure I had the two libraries I wanted. UVI's Portal app makes authorizing and downloading too easy - why can't other developers make it that easy?????

But the real kicker was getting the thank you email from UVI with a $100 voucher to spend on ANY of their Soundware items. My head is spinning! So basically, for around $265 (with tax) you get about $550 worth of stuff, including one of the most versatile and powerful VI's out there! Not bad...not bad at all!!!!

Even IF Avid made F-2 available to users, I seriiously doubt it would come with the full F-2 library, plus the other bonuses. We didn't get the Falcon library with the original plan, just a special PlugSound version. Which was nice, but not quite the same.

All in all....its going to be a fun weekend. I'm ALONE...family gone elsewhere...what to do..oh, what to do!!!!!

Closed Thread