Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Transport Window inconsistent stopping playback

Sometimes when I stop playback, the transport returns to the beginning of the song. Other times it will stay where it's stopped and still other times it will return to where it started - ex. starting at the verse section.

This would be great to be able to control where this thing is going to end up when it's stopped. Not sure how to though. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Transport Window inconsistent stopping playback

Thought htis was a problem only I had !!! , or that my qwerty keyboard had a faulty "space" key. I have exactly the same problem, and it is REALLY annoying, especially when in midst of big editing session. To have the cursor revert to the start of the session drives me wild - please, any cures for this much appreciated.
I also use a COntour Shuttle Pro, and have one key programmed to Play/stop , and this will often do exactly the same thing - so can't be my Mac keyboard can it ?
003 & Midas Venice desk
Mindprint DTC
Soundelux U99
Drawmer M-Clock
Old 10-18-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Transport Window inconsistent stopping playbac

If you have command focus enabled, hitting the "N" key toggles between the cursor reverting to "insertion follows playback" as per the preference settings (operations). Its easy to accidentally change between the two by hitting the "N" key while going for the space bar. I think this is what you are talking about.

B
Old 10-18-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Transport Window inconsistent stopping playbac

No, don't have Command Focus enabled- it's a very erratic random kind of problem, !!

Thanks for the suggestion -it is appreciated.
003 & Midas Venice desk
Mindprint DTC
Soundelux U99
Drawmer M-Clock