Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2011, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Summer NAMM's coming up...

Anyone got an idea when we can expect an Expansion Pack 2?
Any word or rumours on this?
Old 07-09-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeGin View Post
Anyone got an idea when we can expect an Expansion Pack 2?
Any word or rumours on this?
Nothing at all unfortunately .

Personally, I am hoping we get Expansion Pack II : 11/11/11.

I think it has a nice ring to it .

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 07-09-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
Nothing at all unfortunately .

Personally, I am hoping we get Expansion Pack II : 11/11/11.

I think it has a nice ring to it .
It has to be released at 11:11pm as well

Nick
OCZ Agility 64 GB SSD
Hitachi 1TB 32 MB HDD
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Saphhire HD 5850
3 x 20" monitors

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Fender Super Champ XD
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Silver Edition W/ Silver Jubilee Cabinet
Old 07-09-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Riff View Post
While I would love to see something new from Avid, the one thing the Eleven Rack should get IMO is publicity ...

Almost no one of my friends had even remotely heard about the Eleven Rack before I got it (they sure have now!!!) so a little extra publicity sure couldn't hurt ... If more people would hear/see the Eleven Rack, the community would surely grow.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking all of us Eleven Rack users are some sort of walking billboards . I have gotten great reactions on my sound and almost everyone I come across is like:"wow what is that orange rack unit you got there?".

And maybe an expansion pack with loads of high gain amps and a better noise gate couldn't hurt
I agree on the overall publicity thing. I brought my Eleven Rack at a great local music store but it involved them pulling it out of a back room. Nothing on display and no demo. To me this is a product that should be played with and it will sell itself in the right environment. Meanwhile the same store rushed the HD500 to a prime demo position when it was released. Maybe pedal units like the HD500 kind of call out "play with me" a bit more than the Eleven Rack.

I think Avid might want to think about helping brick and mortar retailers with in-store demos. Maybe suggesting setups and FR speakers to use, what to demo etc. Both stand-alone and with pro tools (for stores that already demo recording gear). Preloading systems with the expansion pack and demo/point of sale merchandising material. A little hands on staff training/pushing/financial incentive from Avid reps who are out visiting the stores would probably help. I know demo space is valuable and higher-end amps probably have better margins to the retailer and don't suffer as much with Internet pricing competition.

Besides that if people get their interest tweeked enough there are already lots of compelling demos etc. On Avid's web site, on YouTube, etc, Maybe Avid needs to do some basic buzz type marketing, sponsoring guitar contests etc.

Darryl
Old 07-09-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I agree on the overall publicity thing. I brought my Eleven Rack at a great local music store but it involved them pulling it out of a back room. Nothing on display and no demo....
Well, my introduction to 11R came about when I going through an online catalog at an Australian site called "bmusic". I saw this thing pop up called an "Eleven Rack" - it looked cool, was Orange, and looked professional, and so decided to look at it on a whim. It was a modeller, I was in the market - I had just realised owning a 'real' hi-gain amp was a pipe dream - BUT, this thing had Pro Tools with it, bonus, and an interface as well with USB2.0, double bonus!!! I couldn't believe my luck and then the retailer had the foresight to get an honest review from one of Australia's premier guitar/FX reviewer, Burgerman666, and it pretty much sold me on the whole idea.

But that was all pure luck - if I hadn't known that music retailer as well I do, I wouldn't have been at his site and seen the product - it's a fair bet that I would be still saving up for a modelling unit from another company or the DigiTech GSP1101. Not that I would've known how to set it up, with added costs for an interface and DAW.

Man, I am so grateful the 11R came along.

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 07-09-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I think Avid might want to think about helping brick and mortar retailers with in-store demos. Maybe suggesting setups and FR speakers to use, what to demo etc. Both stand-alone and with pro tools (for stores that already demo recording gear). Preloading systems with the expansion pack and demo/point of sale merchandising material. A little hands on staff training/pushing/financial incentive from Avid reps who are out visiting the stores would probably help. I know demo space is valuable and higher-end amps probably have better margins to the retailer and don't suffer as much with Internet pricing competition.

Darryl
Nice display at my local Sam Ash. It has a point-of-purchase display, brochures, an amp, and guitar and headphones.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
Man, I am so grateful the 11R came along.
My thoughts exactly!

It really is crazy how few people know about it ... The Eleven Rack is the best purchase I have made for my guitar PERIOD. I learned about the Eleven Rack on youtube: VSA, David Walliman, etc. I know that when I first heard it and checked how much it cost I was like: "hmm this can't be real ... there must be some catch". Still searching for that "catch" ...

Darryl however raises a good point: there probably isn't that much of a margin for stores to be made on Eleven Racks. Even though I got mine at easily double that what US-citizens pay/paid ... Or it could be that when they put the Eleven Rack on display, they stop selling other stuff
Awesome: Eleven Rack (with EXRP)+ M-Audio Bx8a's
Old 07-22-2011, 05:04 AM

Any Avid news from NAMM?
Old 07-23-2011, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgband View Post
Any Avid news from NAMM?
only thing I have heard of is a possible new super thin Keyboard/Midi controller

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio