Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2010, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Using UAD 2 With Euphonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuCon Support View Post
Plug in parameters are passed to the host which them displays them to the EuCon adapter.

EuCon does not talk directly to any plug ins.

If there are any isses with parameters, values, feel, etc.. it isan issue in the data between the host DAW and the 3rd party plug-in.
Ok so for example....

Using an MC Mix and controlling UAD2 Neve 1081 the LINE (input) rotary knob on the PLUG IN is controlled by a SOFT KNOB on the MC Mix. However it only works as an ON/OFF type control (by pushing the knob) not as a sweepable potentiometer as the plug in suggests and is only controllable via a mouse.

There are quite a number of these situations when trying to control plug in parameters.

Is there a way to map the various control parameters to tactile controls on the MC Mix (that suit the control function ie Soft Knob controls a POT, button controls a BUTTON)

Cheers
Mac Pro Dual Core Quad 3GHz 10 GB RAM
OSX 10.6.3
3 x 1TB SATA 1 x 250 GB SATA (Seagate)
003 Rack-PTLE 8.0.4, CPTK
Digimax FS
LA-610MkII, Twin Finity, Sebatron vmp-2000e, Distressor, Joe Meek Twin Q
UAD2 Duo-Neve Bundle
MC Mix
--------------------
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S. Thompson
Mac Pro 2,1 Dual Quad Core 3GHz 18 GB RAM
OSX 10.9 Maverick's
PT 12.6.1 HD
MC MIX
RME UFX, Ferrofish A16 AE
MIDAS Venice 320
--------------------
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S. Thompson
Old 11-10-2010, 08:02 AM

So in my case I feel a very sluggish response with UAD plugs using the controller through Logic. To the point of barely being useable. Just wanted to confirm that we're saying this is a Logic issue?!? It is only happening with UAD plugs.

I don't know who ask for help on this and want to make sure I'm making my efforts go to the right party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuCon Support View Post
Plug in parameters are passed to the host which them displays them to the EuCon adapter.

EuCon does not talk directly to any plug ins.

If there are any isses with parameters, values, feel, etc.. it isan issue in the data between the host DAW and the 3rd party plug-in.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Avid

this thread was started sometime ago before Pro Tools 9 released.

Have you tried this with Pro Tools 9 and EUCON ?

The parameter mapping is based on page tables that are supplied by the PI manufacture.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:25 PM

No, Unfortunately I have not since my production environment is generally not PT but Logic Side note: though the recent native PT may have me switching back to PT for certain types of productions.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:48 PM

Ok, first up I pass on a BIG UP to AVID for the fantastic new release of PT9 with the great array of functionality and support ie: EuCon & ADC.

I have been in communication with both UA and Euphonix/Avid in regards to this issue and am pleased to say they have both been most responsive.

Since the release of PT9 I am experiencing a far better integration of my MC Mix with my system.

However.... the UAD2 plugs control parameters are still not ironed out. What I am noticing most is that NOT ALL CONTROL PARAMETERS are available and there still is a miss match of push button type and potentiometer type controls between the control surface and the plug in.

Thanks again in advance for any further developments with this issue.
OSX 10.9 Maverick's
PT 12.6.1 HD
MC MIX
MIDAS Venice 320
--------------------
Old 01-08-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440Hz View Post
Ok, first up I pass on a BIG UP to AVID for the fantastic new release of PT9 with the great array of functionality and support ie: EuCon & ADC.

I have been in communication with both UA and Euphonix/Avid in regards to this issue and am pleased to say they have both been most responsive.

Since the release of PT9 I am experiencing a far better integration of my MC Mix with my system.

However.... the UAD2 plugs control parameters are still not ironed out. What I am noticing most is that NOT ALL CONTROL PARAMETERS are available and there still is a miss match of push button type and potentiometer type controls between the control surface and the plug in.

Thanks again in advance for any further developments with this issue.
Just wanted to bump this one back up and see if there has been any developments or if anyone else has had any further experiences....
OSX 10.9 Maverick's
PT 12.6.1 HD
MC MIX
MIDAS Venice 320
--------------------