Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2008, 01:59 AM

Default Can\'t get pro tools to recognize my midi controller

I'm new to all of this. I've figured out how to basically operate pro tools. I've searched high and low and in my "for dummies" book and can't seem to find how to get my protools le 7 to recognize my controller..I'll list what I have and if anybody can tell me where to go to set it up or if I'm missing something that would be great..

4g dell w/ windows xp
protools le 7.3
mbox mini
m audio oxygen midi controller w/ usb
native instruments komplete

I know that the mbox mini has no midi interface...but I've read in various forums that doesn't matter as long as it's usb. I looked under set up and found a midi option but that window is kinda foreign to me and i don't just wanna start clicking all over with these expensive programs.
any assistance would be cool...
Old 05-09-2008, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Can\'t get pro tools to recognize my midi controller

You will have to go to the setups, peripherals, then MIDI Cotrollers. Make sure that you have control surface in HUI mode or else Pro Tools won't recognize it.

Pro Tools 12, Sibelius First 7/Presonus Studio 192/Windows 10 Pro
Old 05-09-2008, 04:52 AM

Here is a recent thread where I worked through it with some help from the forum. Up and running fine now.

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...v=#Post1272178
MBox /PT not supported under Win7 - I didn't leave PT, PT left me!
11/30/2009 - MBox, REAPER

http://www.jazzmandan.com
Old 05-09-2008, 10:26 AM

yeh...ok well
first off, what's HUI mean?
I installed the driver disc for the controller...so now it is showing up on my programs page
still not showing up in any of my native instruments programs or pro tools?

The more I read into this the more I think I need a separate box that accepts and converts midi...
which really sucks cos this venture has made me poor enough...i wasn't counting on it costing this much but i guess that's what I get for making uninformed and un-researched purchases.

Thank you guys for you responses though i do appreciate it

would all of this just be easier if i bought a better box...like the mbox 2 with the midi outs
or would i still be having problems you think?
Old 05-09-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
yeh...ok well
first off, what's HUI mean?
I installed the driver disc for the controller...so now it is showing up on my programs page
still not showing up in any of my native instruments programs or pro tools?

The more I read into this the more I think I need a separate box that accepts and converts midi...
which really sucks cos this venture has made me poor enough...i wasn't counting on it costing this much but i guess that's what I get for making uninformed and un-researched purchases.

Thank you guys for you responses though i do appreciate it

would all of this just be easier if i bought a better box...like the mbox 2 with the midi outs
or would i still be having problems you think?
I can't see any reason why your current setup shouldn't work. I'll have a look into it some more and if I find anything will get back to you.