Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 03-15-2006, 12:44 PM

Default A timeout occurred

Hi guys.
Has anyone seen this message: "A timeout occurred interacting with an audio interface".
I`ve done no changes to my system, but now this message shows up whenever I delete tracks that includes softsynts (stylus rmx, Sampletank, -not Indigo). For the past 18months I`ve been using Apogee AD16X together with a HD-X card.
Regards, Frank

-----------------
XP Pro
Asus NCCH-DR
Dual Xeon 3.2GHz
3Gb RAM
PT 7.15
Old 03-15-2006, 01:08 PM

Default Re: A timeout occurred

Sometimes I get this too... I don't know what it is...
Old 03-15-2006, 09:26 PM

First, if you do not have a Digidesign I/O being utilized, it is not an approved config. The Apogee cards are unsupported with PT I believe.

That said...what version PT?
PT7 introduced some changes on the code level that *could* present problems with this config, if Apogee did not fully "adapt their hardware to operate with the new changes in PT7..."

Typically, timeouts have occured for me with LE and larger sessions. With HD, I would imagine it could happen under certain cirumstances. If you are seeing this frequently, and NOTHING has changed in your config, software used, modus operandi, etc...well, Digi would have to field it, or someone who has had it happen and resolved it.

Wish I had a brighter, happier, more helpful response...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:59 PM

I get the same thing with PT7cs4 when ativating/moving some plugs around, mainly wrapped vsti.

Occasionaly a RTAS mcdsp plug will then stop passing audio.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:36 AM

Hi Nikki-k
I use PT 7.15. I believe I first started to see this beginning of february, around PT 7.14. I have of course downloaded the PT7-compatible firmware/software, announced by Apogee. The Apogee solution has worked flawlessly since 18months. The AD16X is recognized as a 192 in the Hardware set-up. It's absolutely brilliant.
But -this being said, - last night I started to have audio drop-out on the master out. I ended up doing the Digitest, which in turn failed my HD core! I ran the test again, then it passed....hmmmm...... So I'm thinking, what the f.... is happening? I'm more lost now than when I wrote the initial post. I'm trying to get through on the phone to the norwegian representaives as I write. I'll post anyhing I find out. Cheers, - and thanks!
Frank
Old 03-16-2006, 10:43 AM

Hi!
Hmmm...interesting. Sorry you are having the problems.

I would not rule out the motherboard being suspect; a failed PCI slot, or something related. Also, if the power supply is failing to *properly* supply on a rail, that could definitely cause that.

If you have the ability to try in another qualified/known working motherboard, that might help.

In the meantime: I would suggest pulling and reseating the Core card. Ya never know- strange things happen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:14 AM

Hi again guys.
It now seems it's the vst2rtas wrapper - v.2 - that's causing these error messages. With only the original rtas plugins in the session, I could not recreate the fault. As soon as I did the other way, - there it was. Problem solved? Hope so.....

Regards, Frank
Old 03-20-2006, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Hi again guys.
It now seems it's the vst2rtas wrapper - v.2 - that's causing these error messages. With only the original rtas plugins in the session, I could not recreate the fault. As soon as I did the other way, - there it was. Problem solved? Hope so.....

Regards, Frank
Hmmm... Have you tried eliminating the VST plugins one at a time instead of throwing them all out? It may be a rogue VST plug instead of the wrapper.

http://www.badrap.org
Old 11-17-2012, 07:57 AM

Hi!
I read this thread and had the same problem. Last mont its gone from bad to wors and then I realizes what the broblem in my case was. The processor was working at a to high temerature. I opend the comuter and vacumedcleaned all fans especially the processorfan and TADA!! It worked. Often when either the gpu or the cpu is at high temeratures strange and unexpected things hapens:
God luck and hope it works for you as well.
Ricardo
Old 11-17-2012, 08:02 AM

Hi again
Just want to say that this hapend with my brand new pro tools 10.1,2,3 and 3.2 on a pc i7 win 7 64 bit.
Thanks
Ricardo