Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 04-24-2017, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Waves Deals

Soon you'll end up with Mercury
Old 04-24-2017, 07:06 AM

Probably. The thing is, when I bought my HDN setup a few years ago I really didn't use anything aside from a Duende and UAD-1.

I sold the UAD-1 and Duende went Native so I started checking out Waves plugins because I remember using them back in the mid-90s.

Since I worked on SSL for so long I like to have the Duende SSL channel EQ on everything when I start and the buss compressor on the master. Over the years I have made templates the same way with API and V-Series.

When a plug that looked interesting was $29 + the discount or when they ran big sales on Black Friday or something I would pick something up.

The Abbey Road bundle for me was a game changer.

At this point, Mercury would mainly give me a couple plugs for surround and the artist series. Aside from the CLA (which I bought on sale for the bass plugin) I don't really need those.

That being said, I would guess I will end up with Mercury as well - maybe on Black Friday this year!

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 04-24-2017, 02:16 PM

Slightly cheaper at www.everyPlugin.com
Old 04-24-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_K View Post
Slightly cheaper at www.everyPlugin.com
But you have to sign up to see the prices. At least Audio Deluxe lets you see their price before discount - EveryPlugin doesn't even do that.

Maybe you could give us a few prices. Say for the Waves C6 - AD has it for $39 before discount and $31 and change with discount. What does EP have for a price?

QAPLA!
Old 04-26-2017, 04:02 AM

I don't want to start any rumours based entirely on speculation, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Don't give it too much weight...

I suspect that V10 is around the corner. The H-EQ just revived a significant upgrade and has a new look manual. Others have also noticed that the current Waveshell is v9.91 plus there is reported to be a V10 shell hiding alongside the 9.91.

If this is true, despite what I have said in other posts and how you don't need WUP update your plugins, with a few exceptions, well in this case you WILL need WUP to update to V10 if that's what you plan to do.

I suggest start saving now. Hopefully Waves will give us an introductory offer.

Any new purchase is covered for a year so don't be afraid to pick up a bargain with the current sales, they will be covered in the V10 upgrade. Assuming it comes out over the following year.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
I don't want to start any rumours based entirely on speculation, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Don't give it too much weight...

I suspect that V10 is around the corner. The H-EQ just revived a significant upgrade and has a new look manual. Others have also noticed that the current Waveshell is v9.91 plus there is reported to be a V10 shell hiding alongside the 9.91.

If this is true, despite what I have said in other posts and how you don't need WUP update your plugins, with a few exceptions, well in this case you WILL need WUP to update to V10 if that's what you plan to do.

I suggest start saving now. Hopefully Waves will give us an introductory offer.

Any new purchase is covered for a year so don't be afraid to pick up a bargain with the current sales, they will be covered in the V10 upgrade. Assuming it comes out over the following year.
My wup's are all over the place, not to mention just getting C6 so I have everything from new to expired wup's. From what I've encountered Waveshell 9.91 won't run on anything less than Yosemite on a Mac. And I run OSX 10.9.5 so V10 would be a non-starter for me. And Waves has said no new plugins will be added to the offline installer. That's not to say there won't be a new offline installer with V10 but who knows?

QAPLA!
Old 04-26-2017, 08:16 AM

Yeah, upgrading to Diamond was a smart move for me because I had Gold +RennMax and a bunch of one offs that I got here and there and NLS.

It cost me about $150 to upgrade and that got me a year of WUP. I have to look into WUPing my API (separate) and some others vs "upgrading" to the bundle where I own all the plugs already.

Just looked and while it would cost me about $400 to upgrade to Horizon I can upgrade to Horizon +Forensics + WLM + NLS for $228 (before any discounts). That would take back a bunch of my out of WUP plugs. Maybe it's something to consider....

Maybe Avid will release a new PT at the same time breaking all those blue interfaces!1!

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/

Last edited by noah330; 04-26-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
I suspect that V10 is around the corner.
Me too. That's the only way they get us old customers back onboard again...
Old 05-07-2017, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
My wup's are all over the place, not to mention just getting C6 so I have everything from new to expired wup's. From what I've encountered Waveshell 9.91 won't run on anything less than Yosemite on a Mac. And I run OSX 10.9.5 so V10 would be a non-starter for me. And Waves has said no new plugins will be added to the offline installer. That's not to say there won't be a new offline installer with V10 but who knows?
It won't be for everybody unfortunately. I'm anticipating there will be a day when I can't quite afford a new machine and I won't be able to upgrade to newer versions of whatever software.

Not that I have to keep buying new things, but I am very progressive and like to take advantage of new technologies that can help streamline workflow for me or offer new creative potential.

For now V10 should be fine for me at least.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
Yeah, upgrading to Diamond was a smart move for me because I had Gold +RennMax and a bunch of one offs that I got here and there and NLS.

It cost me about $150 to upgrade and that got me a year of WUP.

I have the same Gold and Renn Maxx, but I get $250 when I want to upgrade.....

I looked awhile back, and that's what I found, who do you go through?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.