Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 09-01-2011, 08:58 AM

Angry Insecure Startupitem: DigidesignLoader

Hi,

I've upgraded from PT8HD to PT9HD on several machines and have this message sporadically appearing.

I have tried chmod 755 on the Digidesignloader folder and I have tried this on OS 10.6.7 and OS10.6.8. I have also tried PT9.0.2 and PT9.0.5.

Sometimes it appears and sometimes it doesn't, but when it does Digitest won't identify any attached PCIe cards.

Here is the output from the system log:

Sep 1 16:00:43 Macintosh-001f5b39342c
Code:
/System/Library/CoreServices/SecurityFixer.app/Contents/MacOS/SecurityFixer[464]: "/Library/StartupItems/DigidesignLoader/DigidesignLoader" failed security check: not owned by UID 0
Sep  1 16:00:43 Macintosh-001f5b39342c /System/Library/CoreServices/SecurityFixer.app/Contents/MacOS/SecurityFixer[464]: "/Library/StartupItems/DigidesignLoader/DigidesignLoader" failed security check: not owned by GID 0
Sep  1 16:00:43 Macintosh-001f5b39342c SecurityFixer[464]: Insecure startup item: DigidesignLoader

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Avid

Default Re: Insecure Startupitem: DigidesignLoader

This is usually caused by a bad install or a problem with the admin account it was installed from.

This post, however, may offer a solution for you:

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=1636116&postcount=5
Old 09-02-2011, 12:49 AM

Hi,

I have set permissions as described in the linked post, but to no avail. As I have an upgrade from PT8 to to 9, if I uninstall PT I can't reinstall from the upgrade disk. I have re-imaged the machines and the problem keeps occurring.

You mention "a problem with the admin account". What might that problem be? All other software is functioning as it should, but I can't use the Digi Hardware.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeo View Post
Hi,

I have set permissions as described in the linked post, but to no avail. As I have an upgrade from PT8 to to 9, if I uninstall PT I can't reinstall from the upgrade disk. I have re-imaged the machines and the problem keeps occurring.

You mention "a problem with the admin account". What might that problem be? All other software is functioning as it should, but I can't use the Digi Hardware.
First question - you say you 'have an upgrade' from PT8 to 9. In that case you should have a downloadable installer for Pro Tools 9 in your Avid account. Do you see that?

You say you've 're-imaged' the machines - from what are you pulling the image, exactly?

As for the problem with the admin account - there could be any number of issues. Software corruption, library corruption, etc. - it's very difficult to say, especially if we can't see the machine itself and be able to look at what's happening. Being able to view how things are working, launching, permissions, etc. can lead to a lot of interesting clues, but that's not possible via a forum.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:33 PM

Solved problem in PT9.0.2 on Mac OSX 10.6.8 by reinstalling the 003 driver.