Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-27-2006, 05:47 AM

Default About Plugins and the ilok system

hi everyones,

I have a big problem with that. I have bought a bundle of plugins, installed them, dl the licences on my i-lok, make every updates for my tiger mac (driver of the i-lok, and for each plugs for the 7.0 protools version), but they still not being in the audiosuite and inserts windows.

But they are loaded by protools at the start. i plug the ilok on the usb port, the light is green (great colour so .......)
But nothing more,

Have you an idea about the problem ? I think have tried any possibilities, but is there more one ?

Thanks and i hope i'll found the help i need.

Regards

++
Old 09-27-2006, 05:53 AM

Default Re: About Plugins and the ilok system

I have forgotten one thing, i have verified in the system information of the mac, and the ilok is recognize by the system........

Maybe the problem is from the licences, no ?
Old 09-27-2006, 09:38 PM

Quote:

But they are loaded by protools at the start. i plug the ilok on the usb port, the light is green (great colour so .......)
But nothing more,

do you have the ilok plugged in before you start ProTools?
64GB RAM
HDX I/O 16x16 Analog
HDX I/O 8x8x8
Old 10-02-2006, 08:52 AM

Hi,

Yes, i've plugged it before.

Do you have an idea about this problem ?

i have send a mail to digi support, but no one reply.

near three weeks, and nothing can be use.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:07 AM

Are you sure you're looking for them in the right place? If you're seeing them go by during the PT splash screen, they're gonna be in there. What plug-ins are you having the problem with?

Have you done all the steps in the "General Troubleshooting" thread? Deleting prefs etc. as outlined in that thread might help.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:49 PM

In my case it was a flakey dongle. Pace offered to replace, without auths, for the price of purchasing a new one. Such a deal.

Instead I abandoned my iLoc plugins.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:05 PM

You haven't included any specs, so I have no idea what version of Tiger you are using.... BUT, there have been some issues in the past with updates performed with the "Software Update" feature in the system menu. I cannot remember anymore exactly which version I had this issue with (sorry) - but symptoms included all of my plug ins loading on the splash screen and SOME not appearing in the insert/AS menus. I had problems with a few of my Waves plugs (Tune Lite) and Ozone3.

You might try downloading the full/combo updater for 10.4.7 (or your latest supported version depending on your hardware and LE version). However, I have a feeling that following ALL of the suggestions in the Troubleshooting thread will probably help you out.

Keep in mind that 10.4.8 is NOT yet qualified for use.

Also make sure you are using the latest iLok and PACE drivers from paceap.com.
http://www.BrentFrederickMusic.com
Old 10-03-2006, 06:08 AM

Quote:

Also make sure you are using the latest iLok and PACE drivers from paceap.com.
PROBABLY SOME OF THE BEST ADVICE THERE IS!!!

I usually try to update the pace software after every Mac OS X update and every Protools update.
64GB RAM
HDX I/O 16x16 Analog
HDX I/O 8x8x8
Old 10-03-2006, 02:33 PM

Ok, thanks for yours reply's

For a better idea of my system, i have an intel mac with os 10.4, the tiger one. Protools is the 7.1.1 version of the LE, and i have download the 7.0 version of each plugs i have bought. The bundle of plugs is the producer factory pro bundle.

I have readed all of the faq's of digidesign, and download the latest version of the driver (by pace) for the ilok. But the plugs stills being loaded, but nothing in inserts and audiosuite window.

And for the price of all (the ilok and the plugs), i want to have the product, no to buy another stuff like the example of someone who has bought an another ilok !!
Sorry for that, but .....

But the digi support mail is maybe very far from me (near three weeks, and no reply), maybe a lot of us had problems with that. I think the system is good, but the licences and the plugs should be send with CD, not by web system .....

Hope Digi wakes up to help me and use my many Euros (thrown in the river until today)

I'm sorry if my english is bad, but i'm a frog

[edit] I will read the troubleshooting thread .... [/edit]
Old 10-12-2006, 05:11 AM

hi,

i had the english hotline, and they adviced me that the intel macs needs the 7.2 version for plugins. i had before the 7.0 version of each plugs.

And now it works

thanks for them (and for the patience with my bad english), and that little help.

++