Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2010, 04:44 PM

Default The Start of an Evil new tune......March of Hollows...

Hey Guys.......

Started a new 11-Rack tune & here's where I'm at so far......Just in the beginning idea stage at this point..........I'm going to the Dark Side on this one boys.............or at least I'm trying to go in the opposite direction & feel from the last tune "Life Goes By".......

Enjoy the start of this tune "March of Hollows"...........

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9875183

Peace! X-Mann
Old 11-14-2010, 05:08 PM

Default Re: The Start of an Evil new tune......March of Hollows...

I likes it. good start.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-14-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I likes it. good start.
Thx B........The right side guitar track is ur Bogner-Uber-2 preset...........I just love that one........
Old 11-14-2010, 09:34 PM

Very nice! Sounds very Alter Bridge'ish which I freakin' LOVE

Can't wait to hear more brothah :)
Old 11-15-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaiSatchAtrucci View Post
Very nice! Sounds very Alter Bridge'ish which I freakin' LOVE

Can't wait to hear more brothah :)

Wow! Best compliment EVER (for me)! Thx VSA........I'm a HUGE Alter Bridge / Mark Tremonti fan fo sho..........Thx SO much...........I guess listening to the brand new A.B. album over & over has had an influence on me........Now maybe I need to add some Tremonti legato ALL-over this track..........Lol

Peace! Tim
Old 11-15-2010, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udamann88 View Post
.....Now maybe I need to add some Tremonti legato ALL-over this track..........Lol

Peace! Tim
DO ITTTT!!!!! Loving the tune dude! Can't wait to hear the finished product! Oh, and how awesome is the new A.B. album!!!
PT10, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Eleven Rack, i7 950 @3.80GHz, Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler, GA-X58A-UD3R, Corsair CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 12GB, SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCIE, Caviar Black 500GB 32MB Cache OS drive, 2x Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache Sata3 (Audio and library), Broadcom BCM94322MC wireless network adapter
W7 - 312 dverbs @ 64 buffer/ 403 dverbs @ 1024
Old 11-15-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remis View Post
DO ITTTT!!!!! Loving the tune dude! Can't wait to hear the finished product! Oh, and how awesome is the new A.B. album!!!
The new A.B. is AMAZING, but I've followed them from the very begining & just LOVE ALL of there stuff..........So........The new album is very, very dark, but in a very good way & it just works (big time)...........Some of the tones on this album are just crazy cool as well..........The 3rd track "Ghost of Days Gone By" has a very cool strat type of clean tone in it...........& there's also alot of that Tremonti-legato thing that makes me smirk so much (done w/ his Two-Rock Amp) from ear to ear.....

I'm gonna stay w/ my current theme of a headless horseman coming to take ur soul kind of a thing .........& then I'll have an update real soon for ya all........Lol

I would never be able to even capture any of these ideas if it wasn't for the Eleven Rack & Pro-Tools LE..........I'm only limited by my PT/recording knowledge.......&..........well......... ...ah.......my playing.......Lol
Old 11-15-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
The new A.B. is AMAZING, but I've followed them from the very begining & just LOVE ALL of there stuff..........So........The new album is very, very dark, but in a very good way & it just works (big time)...........Some of the tones on this album are just crazy cool as well..........The 3rd track "Ghost of Days Gone By" has a very cool strat type of clean tone in it...........& there's also alot of that Tremonti-legato thing that makes me smirk so much (done w/ his Two-Rock Amp) from ear to ear.....

I'm gonna stay w/ my current theme of a headless horseman coming to take ur soul kind of a thing .........& then I'll have an update real soon for ya all........Lol

I would never be able to even capture any of these ideas if it wasn't for the Eleven Rack & Pro-Tools LE..........I'm only limited by my PT/recording knowledge.......&..........well......... ...ah.......my playing.......Lol
Yeah I've been a fan right from day one also. Saw them live when they came to Perth to open for Disturbed...i was actually more excited about seeing AB than Disturbed

Don't worry, I know how ya feel about lack of knowledge of PT...I'm still a newbie myself. And my level of guitar playing leaves much to be desired Ah well, it's still fun though I'm looking forward to getting an Eleven Rack next year. At the moment I'm using a Vox Tonelab LE and think the sounds are fairly rubbish! I've used some OK tones in some recordings I did earlier this year...but it's got nothing on the eleven rack

Cool man, keep it up. I'm looking forward to hearing how you develop it!
PT10, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Eleven Rack, i7 950 @3.80GHz, Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler, GA-X58A-UD3R, Corsair CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 12GB, SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCIE, Caviar Black 500GB 32MB Cache OS drive, 2x Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache Sata3 (Audio and library), Broadcom BCM94322MC wireless network adapter
Old 11-15-2010, 06:40 AM

Remis...........Sorry you have to wait to get the 11-Rack, but you will be very happy when you do get it........

The members on this forum are amazing & they will be able to help you at every twist & turn in your journey..........Plus by the time you get an 11-R of your own Benoni will have every single amp you will ever need modeled up & ready for you......Lol............Tremonti Two-Rock hint, hint........Lol

The FREE presets that are available from all of these great user / players make the 11-Rack so much more then what it 1st appears........

Some of these user presets should come in the 11-R right now as standard.......I think Avid/Digi should honor Benoni, VSA, Justin, David Torn, MikeFont, T-Ford, Wallimann, Rich5150, Adamqlw, Dan007, Muudrock, Hoss, Sean Halley, insert your name here & Djemass (for his awesome obession w/ all things Petrucci & Dream Theater) w/ adding the presets that they created as standard to all new 11-Racks from here on out.............I find these real user tones to be just stellar..........

& I salute you all..............
Old 11-15-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Remis...........Sorry you have to wait to get the 11-Rack, but you will be very happy when you do get it........

The members on this forum are amazing & they will be able to help you at every twist & turn in your journey..........Plus by the time you get an 11-R of your own Benoni will have every single amp you will ever need modeled up & ready for you......Lol............Tremonti Two-Rock hint, hint........Lol

The FREE presets that are available from all of these great user / players make the 11-Rack so much more then what it 1st appears........

Some of these user presets should come in the 11-R right now as standard.......I think Avid/Digi should honor Benoni, VSA, Justin, David Torn, MikeFont, T-Ford, Wallimann, Rich5150, Adamqlw, Dan007, Muudrock, Hoss, Sean Halley, insert your name here & Djemass (for his awesome obession w/ all things Petrucci & Dream Theater) w/ adding the presets that they created as standard to all new 11-Racks from here on out.............I find these real user tones to be just stellar..........

& I salute you all..............
It's ok, I start my new job in 2 weeks...so depending on how bored I get on my time off I might just throw an eleven rack on the old credit card so I have something to do to fill my time lol

I couldn't agree more! This forum has taught me SO much in the couple of months I've been lurking. Best Pro Tools resource going. I look forward to being able to test some of the custom tones I've seen Benoni et al. coming up with on some of my own recordings