Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2017, 09:05 PM

Default no sound from Scarlett 2i2

This is either a Windows 10 problem or a driver problem (not specific to PT), but I thought I might direct the questions here anyway. I disconnected all my equipment to make a move. I connected it back together and now the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 won't put out any sound. I also updated the driver and it still won't work.

After booting the computer up, the green light on the Scarlett is on. Windows recognizes the Scarlett.

I can be in Pro Tools, and the cursor plays (moves across the screen) but no sound.

Outside of PT, iTunes won't make any sound, and when I click on the sound icon at the bottom right, and choose the Focusrite device, and do a test, the test tries to work but there is no sound coming out.

I have disabled all Windows Audio devices, and chosen to enable only the Focusrite. I've had it work this way for months and months but now all of a sudden it won't put out any sound. I've also tried disabling the Focusrite and enabling all the Windows devices. I've also enabled all, and disabled all. Nothing works. I've already tried troubleshooting it with Windows troubleshooter. Nothing. And yes, the volume is up, speakers are on.

Any thoughts?
Golden Age Project Pre-73 JR
Warm Audio WA12 MKII Preamp
Glyph 1TB GPT50 external drive - Firewire
LaCie 1TB external drive - USB
JBL LSR305 monitors

AT 2020 & 2021
Equation F.20 condenser mic

Last edited by banjo71; 07-22-2017 at 09:34 PM.