Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2010, 09:33 AM

Default Re: The Start of an Evil new tune......March of Hollows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by remis View Post
It's ok, I start my new job in 2 weeks...so depending on how bored I get on my time off I might just throw an eleven rack on the old credit card so I have something to do to fill my time coming up with on some of my own recordings
Good luck at the new job Remis & do NOT buy anything on credit either...........Lol
Old 11-15-2010, 09:44 AM

Good start dude, don't end up doing what I do most of the time with my child-like attention and start another tune before completing this! Would love to hear a finished version. What amp/settings on the 11r? What prog. are the drums?
Old 11-15-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr rhys View Post
Good start dude, don't end up doing what I do most of the time with my child-like attention and start another tune before completing this! Would love to hear a finished version. What amp/settings on the 11r? What prog. are the drums?
SO true Mr Rhys...........Lol.....I've got 3 tunes completley done......2 almost done......& about 8 that I started & just wandered away from.....Lol

I've finished (re-mixed, new parts, arrangement) the other tune I posted last week (Life Goes By) & all it needs is the bass added to it..........& then I'll show you where it ended up...........You'll laugh....

This tune is already moving forward...........Drums are the only thing that really slow me up at this point...............I'm only using the loops disk that came w/ my Pro-Tools LE software.............It's very cool, but sometimes you only get a few samples of a kit & not a lot of transition parts......

I write all of the music 1st.......Record it to a click & then try to find a good drum loop after...........I don't want the loop to dictate the writing process........Then I will go back after a loop is selected that works & maybe make a small change to groove w/ da beat..............

The opening is a patch I got from a friend named Mike Stevens............

The 1st (left side) distorted guitar is the SLO w/ the 11-R wah set a specific setting so it sits in that funky place that I think sounds way cool in the mix............

The doubled (right side) riff that comes in is Benoni's Bogner-Uber-2 patch w/ all the effects turned off..............I didn't even have to change any of his tone settings.......It just worked as is............I'm finding that when I track more then 1 guitar part it just sounds better w/ little to no fx on at all.......Less muddy......

I'd like to just encourage everyone to record & write tunes, licks or whatever.......I know that there are some high-end Pro tunes on here now so it gets hard at times to post anything for me.....Lol......I think if I would of done this or had this kind of technology years ago I'd be a much better player now.........11-Rack & Pro-Tools will make you a better guitar player & musician all around in the long run.......... It will trust me.........I'm still a hack, but a much better hack then when I started...........
Old 11-15-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udamann88 View Post
Good luck at the new job Remis & do NOT buy anything on credit either...........Lol
LOL, I'll keep that in mind And thanks, my first "proper" job out of uni. So I'm actually looking forward to it Will definitely be nice to not be poor anymore
PT10, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Eleven Rack, i7 950 @3.80GHz, Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler, GA-X58A-UD3R, Corsair CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 12GB, SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCIE, Caviar Black 500GB 32MB Cache OS drive, 2x Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache Sata3 (Audio and library), Broadcom BCM94322MC wireless network adapter
W7 - 312 dverbs @ 64 buffer/ 403 dverbs @ 1024
Old 11-15-2010, 07:47 PM

Updated the tune & added a few more sections tonight..........I'll have to listen to it again w/ some fresh ears tomorrow night & see what I feel like then.......Lol.......My ears are a little tired right now & my neck is sore from holding up my giant head............I think I may have strayed away from my Evil March a little........Not sure.......It will all change again when the melody & solo's are added later anyways.......Goodnight all.........

Peace! X-Mann

Try this link if you want to go to the Dark side w/me..........

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9875183