Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2015, 03:45 PM

Default Help setting up Pro Tools + Eleven Rack

I got Pro Tools 12 for Xmas, and when I go to open Pro Tools 12, it does its thing before the window opens then I get these errors:

Some bus paths could not be mapped to their previous output paths
Bus "Out 1-2" could not be mapped to output "A 1-2"
Bus "A 3-4" could not be mapped to output "A 3-4"
Bus "A 5-6" could not be mapped to output "A 5-6"
Bus "A 7-8" could not be mapped to output "A 7-8"

Some inputs are missing.

Basically it says the same thing about different outputs up to Bus A 5-6 (2)"
What is the root cause of the problem?
Old 12-29-2015, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Help setting up Pro Tools + Eleven Rack

Problem number one is ZERO information about your system. Mac or
PC? What OS? What interface?
Old 12-29-2015, 03:49 PM

Its an HP Envy, Windows 10, and I'm not sure what you mean by interface, unless its meaning the Eleven Rack, which I believe is acting as the interface in which my guitar and bass go through.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:49 PM

Did you install the appropriate Eleven Rack driver for your OS version?

Start Pro Tools by double clicking the applciation icon, not trying to launch an existing session.

Hold down the 'N' key while starting Pro Tools and keep it held down. Select "Eleven Rack" as the playback engine in the dialog that appears.

Try creating a new session using an Eleven Rack template.

If you get warnings about paths, buses etc.then in the Setup>IO page on all of the input,output and bus pages click the default button.

Now is a good time to also go though all the systems optimization instructions in the Pro Tools Installation documentation.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Did you install the appropriate Eleven Rack driver for your OS version?

Hold down the 'N' key while starting Pro Tools and keep it held down. Select "Eleven Rack" as the playback engine in the dialog that appears.

Try creating a new session using an Eleven Rack template.

If you get warnings about paths, buses etc.then in the Setup>IO page on all of the input,output and bus pages click the default button.

Now is a good time to also go though all the systems optimization instructions in the Pro Tools Installation documentation.
I tried that (holding down the N button while Pro Tools was booting up, it didn't work. Wierd thing is this happens from time to time:

AAE error -6117 was encountered,

Its weird because I have the Eleven Rack plugged into my computer selected as the audio device to be used. It comes up that way as well as I look at my speaker options. Pro Tools has booted up before without this error.

Lastly, this might sound like a stupid question, but where do I find that documentation?

EDIT: Also, why is it that when I hold down the N button, the playback engine window doesn't open?
Old 12-29-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndergroundLab View Post
I tried that (holding down the N button while Pro Tools was booting up, it didn't work.
Back up sparky. What *exactly* did not work. You never saw the playback engine dialog? You never had the Eleven Rack option in the pulldown menu as a playback engine? You did but doing that did not fix the problem? (if so of the other things I suggested what exactly did you try).

And I don't want to hear about 6117 errors until you confirm you have fully optimized your systems, provided details of the system, including the drive the audio/sessions are on etc.

If you hold down the 'N' key while Pro Tools is starting up and keep it held down you will see the playback engine dialog, most obvious reason for that is you are not holding it fully down for long enough. or have a faulty keyboard/funky keyboard settings.

Still once Pro Tools is open you can just go to Setup>Playback Engine and set it there is it is not Eleven Rack.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Back up sparky. What *exactly* did not work. You never saw the playback engine dialog? You never had the Eleven Rack option in the pulldown menu as a playback engine? You did but doing that did not fix the problem? (if so of the other things I suggested what exactly did you try).

And I don't want to hear about 6117 errors until you confirm you have fully optimized your systems, provided details of the system, including the drive the audio/sessions are on etc.

If you hold down the 'N' key while Pro Tools is starting up and keep it held down you will see the playback engine dialog, most obvious reason for that is you are not holding it fully down for long enough. or have a faulty keyboard/funky keyboard settings.

Still once Pro Tools is open you can just go to Setup>Playback Engine and set it there is it is not Eleven Rack.
1. I did not see the playback engine dialog, after holding N down the entire time Pro Tools was attempting to load. This is a brand new computer, so I doubt it has any funky keyboard settings.
2. I have followed all the instructions on optimizing the system to a T for Windows from the Pro Tools Documentation.
3.I looked for any additional Eleven Rack drivers, other than the one I had downloaded from the disc that came with the interface. It does not look like Avid has released a driver for Windows 10 yet.

I am not the most tech literate, so I am not sure what you mean when you ask what "drives" the audio sessions are on. What details of the system are you exactly looking for?
Old 12-29-2015, 04:45 PM

I'll bet money it's your keyboard. But its irrelevant now.

Yep Avid does not officially support WINDOWS 10 yet.

Try installing the latest drivers for Windows 8.x from the Avid web site.

I have no idea what is on your DVD. I'm surprised they still include a DVD with new Eleven Racks. "downloaded from the disk" but did you actually run the installer?.. but don't mess with that now, make sure you have the latest 8.1 driver from Avid's driver download site (http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...n-Rack-Drivers)

Until you have a driver installed and "Eleven Rack" showing up under the playback engine options you are dead in the water with it as an interface.

Follow the driver install instructions, install drivers manually, with the Eleven Rack disconnected, *never* let plug and play mangle this up.

You can of course use the Eleven Rack stand alone.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:45 PM

I am starting to wonder if Eleven Rack is fully supported, since the latest driver is supported up to Windows 8.1, and not Windows 10 (yet). I'm not ruling out that the driver I downloaded off the disc that came with the Eleven Rack interface may be a little dated, since ER was released in 2013, and the latest release is of earlier this year.

I could try downloading the latest driver and see if that helps any.

EDIT: I wrote this prior to seeing your response, but I'll try that. Wouldn't hurt.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:52 PM

Yay, the playback engine dialog showed up with the new driver installed, and no AAE 6117 error as well, that solves one problem, out of probably a lot.

The Eleven Rack is selected as the playback engine,.

EDIT?: I do notice since I upgraded the driver and hit default in the I/O menu, the warning about the Bus' and inputs missing has disappeared. I'm not sure if the inputs are there though.