Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 08-14-2019, 08:09 PM

Default Fabfilter ProQ3, cant add bands on D-Command/Control?

I can't seem to add bands using the centre eq focus section on my D Command with Fabfilte ProQ3...I can do it with ProQ2 though. If I pull up one of the presets like flat 7 band, I can control them all and enable/disable bands, but if I pull up a clean setting with no bands, pressing the 'in' button on a band in the D Command centre section does nothing, on the Proq2 it adds that band.
Anyone else noticed this, or is it just me? Not really a deal breaker, but I do like being able to pull up a clean slate and just add bands when i want them for cleaning up just one area

Cheers
Old 08-15-2019, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Fabfilter ProQ3, cant add bands on D-Command/Control?

Heard back from Fabfilter, it was a deliberate change, there is now a 'used' parameter that adds bands. Don'y know where it shows up on icons though
Old 08-23-2019, 01:53 PM

This is an annoying thing. If you pull up other presets with 4 bands or whatever it also puts the band in the wrong spot on the center section in the d control.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2019, 08:47 PM

It seems to be the same on Proq2, on both versions the flat 7 band maps correctly, so I just set that as my default. I wonder how it maps out on an S6? The 'used' button that now adds a band does show up if you open the insert on the channel section, it maps to each band frequency's b-m-p button and the band gain b-m-p enables/disable the band, but that's a bit useless compared to having it on the center eq section. I've tried loading Pro2 and exporting the plugin map then importing it as a custom map in ProQ3 but all I get is a map with no data in it.