Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2019, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Where's Heat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke BB View Post
Is Heat so powerful, so warm? Can it really improve our sound?

There’s plenty of analog emulation plugins out there, what can Heat give more than these plugins?

One thing that is different is that when Heat is activated it is activated on ALL the audio tracks, but not as a plugin. You can bypass it on individual tracks, or change from Pre to Post to apply it on each track. Then you have the master control where you have Tone and Drive. Drive can move from essentially tape saturation to tube saturation emulations. Tone does exactly what you'd expect, boost frequencies from lower to higher.

The reason this works so nicely is that it better emulates what used to happen with the big analog mix consoles where you get the coloring of sound on each channel and there's this sort of cumulative effect from all the harmonic distortions that took place. Having Heat added to all the audio tracks better captures that effect. Its subtle, but its definitely there.

Naturally, if you want something more for an individual track or submix bux, then just add in your saturation plugin of choice to those tracks and bypass Heat. Or use both if you want.

Old 10-14-2019, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feliponk View Post
Hi: please check the following.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e.../Where-is-HEAT

Starting in version 11.0, Pro Tools includes HEAT as a System Plug-in (within the Pro Tools Application package) and does not require separate installation.

HEAT is activated when the HEAT iLok license is present on the same iLok as the Pro Tools HD license bundle. (See the HEAT Product Page for more info and a free trial.)

Call me stupid, but I still can't find out how to get it?

- I have an active Pro Tools Ultimate subscription

- I have an old expired license from 2010 on my iLok, but its "unavailable" and can't be moved or activated

- I can't request a new demo. Its always comes to "unknown error" when submitting my iLok ID. Tried several times from different computers.
(I know its included in the software, but by downloading a demo, I thought they could put a new license in my iLok account)

- I use PT 12.6

- Its not inside my Avid Complete PlugIn Bundle in the Download section in my Avid account?

- Am I totally stupid?

- Give me a step by step instruction puleeeeeze:)
Old 10-14-2019, 01:51 AM

I am guessing you have a perpertual license with the support plan paid yearly ($399) that still works if you stop paying the plan but all updates and upgrades wont be available when you get off the support plan Or are you on a Subscription that will render your PT Ultimate non functional after you stop paying?

Subscription and annual support plan is not the same and HEAT is Only included with the Non Perpetual licenses that stop working 100% if and when you stop paying the sub fee. So if you are on the supoort plan (not subscription) then you need to buy HEAT as it ain’t included with those licenses. Only the subscriptions which is like ”renting PT” and will stop running if you stop paying the subscription fee.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-14-2019, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I am guessing you have a perpertual license with the support plan paid yearly ($399) that still works if you stop paying the plan but all updates and upgrades wont be available when you get off the support plan Or are you on a Subscription that will render your PT Ultimate non functional after you stop paying?

Subscription and annual support plan is not the same and HEAT is Only included with the Non Perpetual licenses that stop working 100% if and when you stop paying the sub fee. So if you are on the supoort plan (not subscription) then you need to buy HEAT as it ain’t included with those licenses. Only the subscriptions which is like ”renting PT” and will stop running if you stop paying the subscription fee.
Ah, finally I got it..You are right. Thanks for explaining!
A very weird business decision (in my opinion) to not include it with all the other plug-ins? I mean..why really?
Old 10-14-2019, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by podusa View Post
Ah, finally I got it..You are right. Thanks for explaining!
A very weird business decision (in my opinion) to not include it with all the other plug-ins? I mean..why really?
It’s pretty obvious why:
to encourage people to buy Subscriptions, instead of Perpetual licenses.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 10-14-2019, 03:41 AM

Paraphrasing what Christopher wrote:

If you have an active Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate Subscription, HEAT is included at no extra charge and the HEAT license can be found inside your iLok account. Once your subscription expires, the HEAT license will expire as well.

Perpetual license holders can buy HEAT for US $199 from:
https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductD...0&cclcl=en_US&

HEAT is compatible with both Pro Tools software v2019.6 and later;
Pro Tools | Ultimate (formerly Pro Tools HD) v12.1 and later
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 10-14-2019, 05:38 PM

Can someone show what dropdown is referred to for heat? I do ot see this. I have the update and subscription for perpetual bundle and can’t find heat
MAC OSX Big Sur
Old 10-14-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspin View Post
Can someone show what dropdown is referred to for heat? I do ot see this. I have the update and subscription for perpetual bundle and can’t find heat
Do you have the ilok license on your key? It won't show up until you have that. It should have been deposited into your ilok account but then you have to put it on your key (or cloud i guess) and then open Pro Tools. It's a drop down menu but you can also unhide it on the mixer window (right side small arrow to open that panel up) and turn it on.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
HEAT is compatible with both Pro Tools software v2019.6 and later;
Pro Tools | Ultimate (formerly Pro Tools HD) v12.1 and later
ehm... HEAT is compatible with PT HD 8.1 and later originally TDM-only process
Old 10-15-2019, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
ehm... HEAT is compatible with PT HD 8.1 and later originally TDM-only process
Totally correct - if you add "Pro Tools|HD system required" with Pro Tools HD 8.1!

I was quoting Avid from:
https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductD...0&cclcl=en_US&
System requirements
• Compatible with Pro Tools 2019.6 or later or Pro Tools | Ultimate v12.1 or later

Whereas, Avid says:
https://www.avid.com/support/trialdownload/HEAT
You’ll need a Pro Tools|HD system running Pro Tools HD 8.1 or higher software

Therefore, perhaps Avid should alter both pages to read:
• Compatible with Pro Tools 2019.6 or later or Pro Tools | Ultimate v12.1 or later or a Pro Tools|HD system running Pro Tools HD 8.1 or later