Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2013, 04:38 PM

Default Re: CPTK gone in PT11 - Upgrade to PTHD11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
You may be thinking of the North American Wood Duck, a close relative of the forum mascot, which is a Mandarin Duck. Chosen because the image is public domain, and because I thought it was cool.
Mmm, Mandarin Duck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurzweiler View Post
No announcement so far translates to incompetance.
I'm hopeful that the Avid 'jury' still out deliberating on the Complete Production Toolkit is a good sign for its fate. If the discussion were solely on price alone, then I would think that we would've received that decision weeks ago. Though I will admit I'll be disappointed if the only thing that Avid debated all this time was where to price us CPTK licensees.

I can't imagine that Avid would purposefully ignore the conversation on these forums over the past several weeks as it provides them invaluable insight into where its actual customers stand with them and the marketing of its products. It's sad to think that some divide needs to exist between company and customer and that we are nothing more than perpetual opponents on a playing field. Everything said on these forums, no matter how critical, is still free advice -- better than any paid focus group could provide! A lot has been discussed by forum members, so all this waiting around could be an indication that Avid is using the time to digest all that's been said. The more we wait, the more I expect there to be a directly proportional relationship between the amount of time before we get that official response and to how favorable that response will be. (Still gonna cross my fingers though)
Old 05-10-2013, 04:40 PM

as a kurzweil user, you should be used to no updates
Old 05-11-2013, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilterDecay View Post
as a kurzweil user, you should be used to no updates
Old 05-11-2013, 02:49 AM

Q: Why isn’t the Complete Production Toolkit supported with Pro Tools 11?
A: To ensure the greatest level of reliability and performance to customers who need extremely high tracks and channel counts, the premium set of tools previously available to Complete Production Toolkit owners will only be available to customers using the latest Pro Tools|HD family hardware with Pro Tools HD software. If you own the CPTK along with Pro Tools, you will have the opportunity to upgrade to Pro Tools HD 11 software for $999.

In 2 weeks someone from AVID could have at least posted an explanation to this obvious "unicorn rainbow."

My language is not under scrutiny but Avids. They are apparently still standing behind this as their FAQ is unchanged. Not every customer is privy to these rants or vomit, so as it will be a huge frequently asked question for some time to come they should start by answering it truthfully.

How many CPTK customers are there reading this thread? Allot less than a quarter of license holders IMHO and roughly a hundred who have read it all (even though my reading comprehension has seriously lacked at times so I can be counted as a .5)

Still Football Fans?

Last edited by Kurzweiler; 05-11-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:19 AM

Wait a minute...something's wrong here.
It's been nearly 26 hrs. since Nigel had the 'last word.'
I think it might be time to send out a search party.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:23 AM

His fingers are too burnt from all the soldering. I would love a proper answer to the frequently asked question to be somewhere near the thankful end to this thread and I hope my vomit is buried somewhere in the middle.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:23 AM

Quote:
A: To ensure the greatest level of reliability and performance to customers who need extremely high tracks and channel counts, the premium set of tools previously available to Complete Production Toolkit owners will only be available to customers using the latest Pro Tools|HD family hardware with Pro Tools HD software. If you own the CPTK along with Pro Tools, you will have the opportunity to upgrade to Pro Tools HD 11 software for $999.

In 2 weeks someone from AVID could have at least posted an explanation to this obvious "unicorn rainbow."

My language is not under scrutiny but Avids. They are apparently still standing behind this as their FAQ is unchanged. Not every customer is privy to these rants or vomit, so as it will be a huge frequently asked question for some time to come they should start by answering it truthfully.

How many CPTK customers are there reading this thread? Allot less than a quarter of license holders IMHO and roughly a hundred who have read it all (even though my reading comprehension has seriously lacked at times so I can be counted as a .5)

Still Football Fans?
It's a fair point. I was having an online discussion the other day with someone who'd seen that FAQ and figured that was the end of that for him (and he wasn't much convinced by my links to this thread either). I'm of course cool with Avid taking their time to sort this out properly, but in the meantime I think everything related to the CPTK should be removed from the FAQ and replaced with something to the effect of

Q. Is the CPTK supported in Pro Tools 11?

A CPTK owners please check back soon for more information, we are still finalising our plans.

Effectively, Avid are spreading their own disinformation and potentially putting off customers needlessly. Never mind that their original answer in the FAQ makes no sense and everyone can see through it...
Old 05-11-2013, 04:54 AM

Quote:
A: To ensure the greatest level of reliability and performance to customers who need extremely high tracks and channel counts, the premium set of tools previously available to Complete Production Toolkit owners will only be available to customers using the latest Pro Tools|HD family hardware with Pro Tools HD software.
I call BS on this. I'm running more voices on huge Imax premix FX sessions w CPTK on my MacBook Pro, than I can get on my HD3 system with it's hobbled 192 voices. I need high track counts, but only 8 outputs - i think many who work in post production have similar needs. I'm also aware that without dedicated DSP hardware, I'm at the mercy of the capabilities of my current CPU, just like ANY OTHER native DAW. This is just a rehash of the empty marketing BS Digi served up when the dropped INDUSTRY STANDARD features like the timecode ruler when they made the move to LE.

End rant.

2022 Mac Studio Max 64GB / 1TB, macOSX 13.6.6, 2019 i9 MacBook Pro (15,3), macOSX 14.4.1, PT Ulti 2024.3.0, DAR 5.1, MDA Creator1.5, Rx10 Advanced, Ozone 10 Advanced, Kontakt 7, Soundminer v6.1Pro, Spanner 4, PaulXStretch,
EuControl 2023.11.0, Avid Control 2023.11.0, Avid S1, iPad Pros 12.9" gen 3 & gen 4, Apollo 8 Duo, UAD-2 Satellite Quad, Glyph 2TB tb3 NVMe SSD, x2 Glyph 2TB SSDs, x1 Glyph 4TB SSD, OWC tb3 Dock, OWC Thunderbay 8 62TB
Old 05-11-2013, 05:03 AM

Q: When was the decision taken to axe CPTK?

If it was some time ago why is there not a plan in place to carefully explain the decision to its customers (present owners, vanilla users that had desired the features, future customers that are unable to afford 5K but need the features.)

It should have been obvious that an outcry would have been on the cards and as somebody did point out the closer to a release date some of the issues in this thread are not answered the easier it is to give one sentence answers/announcements (buried in the excitement)... and the harder to plan what to do for it's legitimate CPTK license holders.

Last edited by Kurzweiler; 05-11-2013 at 05:22 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:30 AM

As a long overdue 64bit upgrade will require many of it's present customers to have to upgrade their computers as avid will only qualify relatively new ones it makes even more pertinent the FAQ answer.

Allot of customers will have to buy new machines in order to run protools. Those new machines ought to be more powerful (reliable performance wise). All this at a time when you cannot buy a mac pro in europe! With a new one imminent and demonstrations of Hackintoshes on pro tools expert etc...

If Avid are not interested in the outcome of this thread I bet Apple are (not to mention Waves and other small 3rd party developers).

Indifferent and incompetent or clever and calculating?

End vomit

Last edited by Kurzweiler; 05-11-2013 at 05:45 AM.