Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 04-28-2007, 10:17 PM

Default No go zone

Is it me ...or is Strike and Structure a no go zone?

Without fail, instantiate Structure and down she comes ...a slight exaggeration, however, not far from the truth. I mean, Strike isn't the most stable even on it's best days, let alone introducing Structure to the party, conversly, before digging myself a deeper hole, I know Structure is only in it's primarily beta stage, but expectations of air tight A.I.R. group VIs would be upmost paramount, no?

Faithfully.

filosofem
Old 05-05-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: No go zone

Hi,

How much RAM do you have in your system?

I know Strike can require lots of RAM as it loads drums/samples into RAM. You know you can set a maximum about of RAM to use in the Strike settings right?

I'm running Structure and Strike here no problem. Infact I also have Vevlet and Xpand in session too.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:06 PM

Hi webby

Yeah mate, currently I have 4 gigs of RAM and the Strike Content Size Configuration is set at 'Unlimited' and apart from a 'Reduce Content Size' message I receive whilst opening Strike, XXL settings load no problem. In fact I also run Velvet at XXL too no problem, but as soon as I open Structure, load a Patch or two, or drag & drop, down she comes. Structure is the only AIR group VI that isn't stable, all the others Xpand!, Hybrid, Velvet and Strike have just been plug and play.

What platform are you running, my DAW is an ASUS K8N-DL 265 AMD Quad, XP Pro, LE 7.3.1 cs2?

I have to admit, I do envy you, Structure is a great VI and there have been so many times I've just wanted to drag it out, but way to scared too, as I said, no issue with the other AIR group VIs, it just make me conclude that Structure in it's Beta stage is at fault.

filosofem
Old 05-19-2007, 05:46 PM

Wow! Since the revision, what less than three days ago? Structure has been working flawlessly, all AIR group VIs in the same session have been running basically none stop without a single crash. I don't know what's changed, but Structure 1.0.4851 is rock solid!

filosofem