Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2019, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
R11 is now a standalone app. It also installs a VST3 plugin for the "Reason rack".
using MB7 the VST3 comes in plan after asking for authorization. i.e. not go in ProTools this way.

The App lets you choose "Demo" but the plug in does not.

OK. So this is where the confusion came from.

You’ve mentioned Reason 11 is now a standalone app. It’s ALWAYS been a standalone app. Like Pro Tools. The new thing with v11 is the rack in VST plugin form. When you say standalone, it makes it sound as if there’s a third option.

Now as to the demo not working within Patchwork, if so, that’s a bummer. If I get a chance over the weekend, I’ll try and load the demo and see if it does the same thing in Patchwork.

Might be worth sending an email to PH/Reason Studios and maybe even Blue Cat. They might be able to shed some light on the issue. I’ve never tried loading a demo plugin within Patchwork. Perhaps it’s a limitation? Not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2019, 05:26 PM

BlueCat updated and working ! ! ! (MB7)
Old 09-29-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Well it’s been pretty clear since the v11 VST rack was announced that it wouldn’t support hosting VST plugins. Running it within Patchwork wouldn’t just magically make it happen.

But I’m pretty sure the next version will allow hosting VST instruments/effects within the rack. If you can do it within the Reason application, they’ll definitely add it to the plugin version in a subsequent update. You’re not the only one that wants it.

AAX support I’m not convinced will come anytime soon. AU due at the end of the year. Not a lot of chatter about AAX. The fact that Europa was only ever released as VST/AU doesn’t bolster my hopes for a speedy delivery of the rack as an AAX plugin.

I hear you. I'm not sure I'd draw too many conclusions from the release of Europa as VST/AU though. If they intend to have the Rack in AAX (which I really HOPE they will and fast!), then they really don't need the separate rack instruments and plugins to also be AAX, except those you want as separate plugins, like they are doing with some of the mixer console components (EQ, Compression, etc). Otherwise, just host it in the rack as a VST.

Part of my frustration with the whole thing is, I think, is that it just feels like a slap in the face to Pro Tools users. I'm sure that's not what's intended..but that's how it feels!

Old 09-30-2019, 03:44 AM
Propellerheads

Quote:
OK. So this is where the confusion came from.

You’ve mentioned Reason 11 is now a standalone app. It’s ALWAYS been a standalone app. Like Pro Tools. The new thing with v11 is the rack in VST plugin form. When you say standalone, it makes it sound as if there’s a third option.

Now as to the demo not working within Patchwork, if so, that’s a bummer. If I get a chance over the weekend, I’ll try and load the demo and see if it does the same thing in Patchwork.

Might be worth sending an email to PH/Reason Studios and maybe even Blue Cat. They might be able to shed some light on the issue. I’ve never tried loading a demo plugin within Patchwork. Perhaps it’s a limitation? Not sure.

Hey there! Stefan from Reason Studios here. Thought I'd jump in and see if I can answer any questions you might have.

Regarding Blue Cat: we don't have an AAX version of Reason Rack Plugin, as you know, and we don't support using the VST3 plugin via bridge plugins like Blue Cat, so we can't guarantee that it will work at this point.

We hear your feedback though and when we've made a decision on AAX, you'll hear about that. :) Thanks!
Old 10-01-2019, 03:44 AM

Got some bad news . A poster over on this Gearslutz thread https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-product-alert/1276901-reason-studios-announced-today-reason-11-now-available-4.html#post14239863
in post 112 reports that there seems to be a problem with the plugin not correctly reporting to his daw (don't know what that is atm) proper delay compensation. If true this is huge and then some.

edit for update:
Turns out the poster talking about delay compensation is putting Reason Rack into Blue Cat Patchwork and then into Harrison 32C. Asked him why he's not going direct into Harrison and he couldn't be bothered to answer that. Told him until he puts the Reason Rack straight into Harrison then he has no legitimate complaint. Upshot is there might not really be a delay compensation issue.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 10-01-2019 at 05:15 AM. Reason: u-pdated due to additional info from GS poster
Old 10-01-2019, 08:21 AM

After looking into this further and reading all the specs, I've decided I'm not doing this upgrade unless and until it comes out AAX AND allows for VST hosting in the rack. Otherwise, I'm not interested. I'll continue to use 9.5 via Rewire as I have in the past when I want certain kinds of patches.

Old 10-01-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
edit for update:
Turns out the poster talking about delay compensation is putting Reason Rack into Blue Cat Patchwork and then into Harrison 32C. Asked him why he's not going direct into Harrison and he couldn't be bothered to answer that. Told him until he puts the Reason Rack straight into Harrison then he has no legitimate complaint. Upshot is there might not really be a delay compensation issue.

That’s not entirely true.

He gave a valid response. Reason Rack as a plugin is VST3 and Harrison Mixbus only supports VST2, hence why he’s hosting it in Patchwork.

Old 10-02-2019, 04:20 AM

Quote:
That’s not entirely true.

He gave a valid response. Reason Rack as a plugin is VST3 and Harrison Mixbus only supports VST2, hence why he’s hosting it in Patchwork.

He only posted that after I called him on his response to me. I just didn't come back and add to my post - that's all. You only need to look at the timestamps of the posts between here and over there to see the sequence of events.

QAPLA!
Old 10-02-2019, 04:54 AM

Default Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
He only posted that after I called him on his response to me. I just didn't come back and add to my post - that's all. You only need to look at the timestamps of the posts between here and over there to see the sequence of events.
I’m not that invested that I’m going to compare timestamps of posts.

But, for the sake of clarity, it was worth mentioning that there was a valid reason and he’s not some loon for doing it.

Old 10-06-2019, 03:30 AM

I tried to use the Reason Rack Plug in with BC Patchworks. But its very disappointing because it has some major graphic glitches.
f.e. when I open the plug in in BC PW it shows correct. But when I close the window and open the GUI again, it shows only a little part of the graphic and it is impossible to work with it.
has anyone other experiences?

I am on 10.13.6