Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 PM

Default Could not complete the Open Session..command Assertion "KeyContextRegistry" line72

Here's the full message:

Could not complete the Open Session...command because Assertion in "..\..\DAW\DAW_KeyContextRegistry.cpp", line 72

I cant open ANY of my old projects or even start new ones!!! I cant even open the backups, and I've gone thru nearly ALL OF THEM.

Took a few days off of PT, there may have been a Windows update. I changed my graphics card too...so new drivers there. In my opinion, if little things like this throw PT in a frenzy, that's pathetic.

I'm getting pretty PO'd at PT at this point. I've only had it about 4-6 weeks and I spend about 75% of the time troubleshooting SOMETHING. I know no DAW is perfect, but this is INSANE. Every time I take a few days off from PT it wont reopen SOMETHING. And this issues don't always even get resolved, I just start a new project and move on....only to encounter another issue....what a waste.

I can post a Sandra report if needed...just seriously sick of this routine.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Could not complete the Open Session..command Assertion "KeyContextRegistry" line7

...and btw, the only reason I got a new video card was bcz someone said PT doesnt integrate well with on-board graphics. That was after all the issues I had stated in this thread here:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=328876 <-- Sandra report here too...though its b4 the Windows update and the new graphics card.

I never even resolved that issue with that project, just started a new one. Then I installed the new graphics card. Now I cant open ANYTHING or start new projects.

Help? THANKS!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Could not complete the Open Session..command Assertion "KeyContextRegistry" line7

Same problem here...
Old 12-25-2012, 11:37 AM

Sick of dealing with and trying to resolve all of PT's "quirks" on PC. I got a new SSD boot drive, i5 3570k, Z77 mobo, DDR3, and fresh Windows install but havent even reinstalled PT10. Who knows what issues I'll have now!!

Went back to Cubase 6.5 for now and am just FCKNG HAPPY
Old 12-25-2012, 01:01 PM

I wouldn't have worried about replacing the graphics card if the one you had was working. There are specific hardware requirements and software optimizations that are needed to run Pro Tools smoothly. Glad you found a solution that works for you.

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB