Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-28-2012, 12:47 PM

Angry "Could not complete the import audio command because DAE error 35 was encountered..."

I have a .wav file that I can't get ProTools to import. I know my way around a mac and Pro Tools pretty well.

I know that DAE error 35 is about illegal characters in the file path or file name.

I am using PT 9.0.0 and a Mac Pro running OSX 10.6.8 I went on vacation and now I can't import files.

I get a DAE error 35 every time I use the import audio dialogue or drag .wav or .mp3 files into PT. It will process the audio then ask me for a destination. I choose either "New Track or "Region List." It doesn't matter where I am importing from, whether it is from my internal sata drive, or an external drive. It doesn't matter where my session is being saved, either an external drive or my internal sata drive. It doesn't matter what my session settings are, 16 or 32 bit, 44.1 or 48 samples. It doesn't matter how I tell PT to apply SRC or not. I get the error whether it is a .wav or a .mp3 I try to import. I have repaired permissions on all my drives. I have trashed PT DAE prefs, preferences, plist and databases. I am going nuts. Adobe Soundbooth and iTunes both open all the files I am trying to import just fine. I've even imported the audio into Soundbooth, exported it to a .way named a different name and tried importing it into PT. I get the same error. There is nothing funky about the filepath or file name. There are no illegal characters involved. What gives!?
Old 02-29-2012, 07:03 AM

Default Re: "Could not complete the import audio command because DAE error 35 was encountered

UPDATE:

Today I got into the studio and tried importing audio and tried importing files directly into PT and everything is working correctly. What gives? It wouldn't import anything yesterday.