Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2010, 08:47 AM

Default iZotope RX 1.3 issue

When using iZotope RX 1.3, either as audiosuite or RTAS, Presets drop down doesn't work and attempting to save Presets gives the error "Can only save in iZotope Shell," which is of course where I am attempting to save. This is on a xw8600, HD3 Accel, 8.0.4. Tried all the usual fixes.

Digital Media Engineer
Discovery Communications
http://corporate.discovery.com/
Old 08-16-2010, 10:42 AM

Default Re: iZotope RX 1.3 issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio_Vision View Post
When using iZotope RX 1.3, either as audiosuite or RTAS, Presets drop down doesn't work and attempting to save Presets gives the error "Can only save in iZotope Shell," which is of course where I am attempting to save. This is on a xw8600, HD3 Accel, 8.0.4. Tried all the usual fixes.
I don't know if this affects PCs and Macs the same way, but it could be this. I just had to go back to 8.0.3 because of it.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I don't know if this affects PCs and Macs the same way, but it could be this. I just had to go back to 8.0.3 because of it.
Hi "pfo",

Can you recall what the thread you've referred to mentions? Link comes up with "invalid article" and as myself and a colleague are experiencing the exact same issue (on 8.0.4 and 8.1cs1 respectively), it would be great to locate a solution.

Cheers

TM
Old 08-25-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moofie View Post
Hi "pfo",

Can you recall what the thread you've referred to mentions? Link comes up with "invalid article" and as myself and a colleague are experiencing the exact same issue (on 8.0.4 and 8.1cs1 respectively), it would be great to locate a solution.

Cheers

TM
As of a few weeks ago, the AudioSuite version of Izotope RX wasn't compatible with 8.0.4, and that document was simply suggesting that PT users not go past 8.0.3.

Oddly, the info on 8.1 says Izotope users need to get the latest version to be compatible with 8.0.4 and higher. However, that page directs you to download the same version that I tried and found didn't work in 8.0.4, which was how I stumbled on that document in the first place. That makes no sense, I know, so maybe I've lost my mind or I did another update in my sleep. There's certainly no mention of it anywhere on Izotope's support page anymore....

I don't know how they could have fixed it for 8.0.4, but perhaps they've fixed it in 8.1? I'm hesitant to try it because I've been so busy, but I'll probably give it a shot when I get some downtime.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:52 PM

well, I can say that in 8.1cs1 - saving presets for RX don't/doesn't work. (on the mac)

(sadly, I've edited this twice for grammar and either way still looks wacky)

Last edited by Matt Stutter; 08-25-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-26-2010, 12:22 AM

I asked the iZotope support about this, they say they don't support the generic Protools preset manager, only their own will be working.
Bye bye user default setting...
Old 08-26-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Stutter View Post
well, I can say that in 8.1cs1 - saving presets for RX don't/doesn't work. (on the mac)

(sadly, I've edited this twice for grammar and either way still looks wacky)
It does work though? AudioSuite and RTAS/TDM? As I recall, the AudioSuite version didn't work at all in 8.0.4...
Old 08-26-2010, 03:30 PM

Yeah, as a plugin it works - all I said was "saving presets doesn't"
Old 08-26-2010, 03:48 PM

Then iZotope need to address this issue as their "preset manager" does not function "as advertised".
I'm on 8.0.4 and you cannot save a preset via the iZotope Shell.

Looking forward to going to 8.1cs1 next week where this workflow will still be broken.

I'm mystified as to why they would do this... we were all quite happy saving our RX Presets the "normal" way in prev versions of RX.

iZotope "suggesting" you stay on 8.0.3 suggests that other issues are at work here... especially as that link no longer works on their own site and AVID is still recommending we use the latest ver 1.3.

TM

PS I solemnly swear I will never use quotation marks, so often, in a post ever again.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:12 PM

Just updated to 8.1cs1 on 10.6.4 & I've been using iZotope RX 1.30 but it I've found a number of things no longer work.

1. Old presets no longer show up in the presets menu
2. Can't save new presets
3. Severe memory & performance issues with RTAS & Audiosuite plug-ins

To elaborate on number 3. I've had a 'Pro Tools critically low on memory' message when attempting to load the Audiosuite version of 'DeNoiser' or 'DeClipper'.

I've filed a report with iZotope but haven't heard anything back as yet. Has anyone heard from them regarding any of these issues?

www.matthewgraymastering.com

Brisbane Australia